Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old & 14 month old @ Disneyland

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi Ladies~

Hubby and I have gotten a good deal to go to Disneyland in Southern Ca.   The thing is that we have 3 kids.  My 6 year old I am not worried about.  But my other two being so small and young that I am not sure if we should go.  Cody is 3 and a small guy. He weighs 39 pounds and is 39" tall & my 14 month old ( she will be 16 months when we are thinking of going) is too small to go on anything period.   I am not sure what rides he can go on at all.  Have any of you brought your kids this small and young to Disneyland or Disneyworld??  Did they have fun!  Is it worth the money?   Let me know and give me suggestions on what to do!  Thank you and have a great day!

Jennifer

Cottonwood, CA

by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sagely
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM

bump

MsDean
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I actually took all 3 of my kids yesterday. They are ages 5 , 2 and 2 (almost 3). BAsically the babies can ride everything except space mountain, indiana jones, etc. Toon town is awesome and my almost 3 year old is small for her age but  she can eride go gadget coaster. If you look online I ma sure you can find the measurment requirements for the rides. Also there are really great shows for the kids as well :)

anitacarol

We went the first time to Disney World when my daugher was 18 months...she had a blast.  There were plenty of family type rides that she could go on and did enjoy.   We went again when she was two along with my niece who was about 4. This time she rode alot of rides and loved every minute of them.  Again she wasn't on any roller coasters but there was plenty of rides that she could go and and lots and lots of attactions/shows that she enjoyed.   My niece was able to go on just about everything.  She is 40" tall.  We all had a great time and was so worth it.

devasmom

She can ride with you on all the Fairy tale rides. Roller coasters, not so much. But You and DH could take turns with your 6 yea old. Disneyland is a great place for all ages!! Go, have fun and make good memories for your kids. DS was almost 2 the 1st time he went, I was pregnant with DD. We had a blast!

anitacarol
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

OH...most of the rides are 40" tall...with the exception of the bigger roller coaster type rides. 

DeathMetalMommy
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

My son is 2. He is 35 pounds and 36 in tall. I have a pass. I take him ALL the time. There are a few rides he can go on. We go to both Disneyland and California Adventure. He likes walking around and looking at everything. If you go with the intention of going on adult rides then its not going to work. It's usually a long day and a lot of walking around. Not much riding on rides. I would day go on a Tues or Wed, so there isn't long lines.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I work at Disney World and have been to Disneyland numerous times. There are plenty of rides for even your youngest to go on. We first took my DD to Disney World when she was 3 months and Disneyland (since we live on the other side of the country!) when she was a year. Your youngest will be able to do most of the rides in Fantasyland, there are quite a few, so you can do all of those as a family. You can all go on the train, the trolley cars on Main Street, the river boats, and do the shows also. If you go into California Adventure, A Bug's Land area is good for children, as is Grizzly River area, there is a huge playground area there.You can also see the shows there, go on Monsters Inc, and into Muppets. You can go on Toy Story Mania if your youngest is able to hold themselves upright sitting.

My favorite place to rest is the Animation Building in California Adventure. Nice pictures, music, and the kids can run!

For rides the younger ones cannot go on, ask for a rider switch pass. This will enable one of you to wait through the regular line with your oldest and when that person gets off, the other person is able to go through the fastpass line with the oldest again so you don't have to wait twice.

I hope you guys have fun!!! Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

NikkiDoll
by Nicole on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM

We brought our 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old to Disneyworld. A few people told us it wouldn't be worth it, they won't remember, a lot of hassle, blah, blah. My now 3 year old still talks about our trip, and I can say now, having done it I would do it again. Every time he sees the castle in the beginning of a Disney movie he gets so excited, points and says "Thats Disneyworld mommy, we went there!" My girlfriend went with us, so she was a lot of help. I have a bunch of pictures and you can't put a price on the memories.

_Mommyof4_
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I took my 3 there a month ago. It was for my two oldest's birthdays(February 1st and 3rd) my kids are 8, 3 , and 15 months. They loved it. They have double strollers which are amazing for the little ones. My oldest was a great helper and went on everything with her little brother(3).dh went with her on whatever rides she could go on that the little kids couldn't. It was great for every one of them. My 15 month old could go on a lot and liked the excitement. I'd say go for it. Take lots of pics especially if it's their first time

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
MamaPeanut
by on Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM

There is a ton of stuff they can ride, and lots of play areas and things to see. 

We took our DD just after she turned 2 and she was really tiny (32 inches and 19 pounds) and she had a blast. 

We are going to Disney World for a week in 6 days and she is now 4 years old (36 inches, 28 pounds)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)