Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was not cut out for this.....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM
  • 15 Replies

i am not cut out to have people live with me...its like they have no common courtesy.....but i know my annoyances are my problems...and i tell myself "why are you stressing it"....For instants...my sister and niece moved in with me.....first of all bad idea but she needed help....well....so i know she pays half the grocery bill....which is great....but when i buy two bunches of bananas one day and the next day a bunch is gone because she and her daughter were "hungry" i find that a bit much.....i bought a big bag of string cheese on Sunday, by Monday night she was telling me that we needed more because she was hungry and her daughter wanted some snacks too......all i do is breathe and say okay because, well what else can i say? she pays for half that food, she has a right to eat it....am i missing something? OR i will make a pitcher of crystal light in the morning and by lunch time the damn pitcher is gone because her kid needs a fully sippy all day....thank goodness for Cafemom because if i didnt have this site to vent, i would explode....yes yes some of you will say just kick her out...problem is...she moved in with me from Virginia and i live in California. She has no other place to go. and the only reason i allowed her to move in with me is because she was living in my parents house where everyone smoked in the house, she is trying to do online college and nobody would allow her to get on their computer, nobody would take her to the library to do her work so i felt bad for her...i know i sound petty....but thanks for listening to me.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Ewwwwwwwwww   her dd drinks crystal light all day?   Jeez  everyone should try to drink more water  LOL.   Does she have a license?  Perhaps you need to separate groceries into a My family snacks and Her family snacks that way everyone gets their fair share.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I wouldn't be cut out to allow family to live with me either. DH and I like our PRIVACY and SPACE. I'd probably kick her out if it were ME. hehe

AquarianPath
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Yep, everyone should have their own cupboards and snacks. Buy YOUR food for you and your family and separate her food for herself and her kid.

I had to do this too when I lived with my sister. I paid for half the groceries and we ended up just dividing our food and labeling what was ours.

cloegrace
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM

first off your little girl is very cute

as for your sister maybe try talking to her about some of the problems

even if she does pay for half the food that don't mean she can eat that half all in one day  lol

lvnmylif
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I feel your pain.  Even when you aren't utterly annoyed by your house guests at a certain point you just want your house back.  Hang in there it wont last forever.

OwensMama824
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I hate people. I seriously can not live with anyone. DF is the exception because he knows what pisses me off and tries to "be good"

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Anything for the children

missjess23
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Well, it would be frustrating for me too! 

She's only "buying half" if she's actually "eating half".

If not, you're getting screwed!

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Quoting OwensMama824:

I hate people. I seriously can not live with anyone. DF is the exception because he knows what pisses me off and tries to "be good"

Thats sad, but whatever works for you!

support our troops iraq war military army marines navy air force campaign political america usa united states freedom democratic democrat republican george bushvirgin young girl old button lick lips angel halo good innocent perverse perverted sick gross finger sex funny

AquarianPath
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Quoting OwensMama824:

I'm with you............. I'm a hermit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)