Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! teething baby

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM
  • 24 Replies

with my first I didn't have to deal with the teething thing because I was on bedrest and my husbands grandmother kept her.

I don't know what to do! she will not stop crying. I gave her some tylenol and tried some baby orajel teething rings, frozen teething rings and she's in the bath right now with her sister and daddy is giving me a break because I have dealt with it ALL DAY and its killing me to hear her cry and not know what to do. NOTHING is calming her down.. if shes not asleep or breastfeeding shes crying. I don't know what to do.. anything else I can try?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshMomToShawn
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Chamomile essential oil rubbed directly on the gums with help.  

SarahMerritt_22
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM

teething tabs

dragonlilly3492
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Otter pops... tastes great and makes them feel good

VJennyLynnS

we have some of those around here somewhere but i CANNOT find them =( I think I need to go to the store..

Quoting SarahMerritt_22:

teething tabs

bubbles041

I dont have any problems with my DD teething, She has never cried about it or anything :)) Sorry I cant help. She has 12 teeth and I never knew she was getting them until they were already through!

VJennyLynnS

where do I get that at?

Quoting AshMomToShawn:

Chamomile essential oil rubbed directly on the gums with help.  

VJennyLynnS
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:29 AM

she has two already and the only difference I noticed was she slept a lot more and was a little bit fussy but NOTHING like this. I thought teething was going to be a piece of cake.. boy was I wrong!!

Quoting bubbles041:

I dont have any problems with my DD teething, She has never cried about it or anything :)) Sorry I cant help. She has 12 teeth and I never knew she was getting them until they were already through!

jendawn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Im trying frozen face cloths right now. It works for a little while. Atleast til it goes soft.

I feel your pain.

good luck  momma

mlmartinez
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM

try dipping your finger in ice water then massaging her gums!

bb1214
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Does she use a pacifier.  When my son was teething and he cried like that, I would freeze his pacifier and when it would lose the coldness, I had another pacifier in the freezer getting cold.  I just kept switching them back and forth.  I hope this helps.  I also used Tylenol, I never could get anything to work except the pacifiers. 

In His service,

Brenda 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)