Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does every hospital do this??

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:43 AM
  • 145 Replies

When I had both my girls I had to sit through a class on basic baby care and stuff before being discharged. Does every hospital do something like that or do they just toss you out with a new baby and whatever skills and knowledge you may or may not have??

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaboudreaux
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Not anymore, but I know my parent's said when my sis and I were little they had to go through that class.

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Nope -no classes when in the hospital.

MsDean
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:45 AM

At both the hospitals I gave birth in (I have 3 kids) that class was optional. I did not take it but I had very wonderful nurses that gave me lots of great tips and showed me stuff like how to burp, change diaoer, etc with my first.

4munchkinmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Our kids were born at 3 different hospitals..and none of the 3 had classes that were mandatory.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I was just "tossed out."  LOL  I never even thought about it.  But maybe because it was never mentioned...I think it's a good idea, though.

ZoeCY
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Same here, there were the recommended classes before you actually had the baby and they helped and asked if there was anything I needed to know every so often while I was in the hospital.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Nope -no classes when in the hospital.

Bekah062205
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:46 AM

the only "class" i was offered while in the hospital was the breast feeding class and that was optional....

aubrees_mommie
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:47 AM

No I was given a lecture you might say but no video of anything

roksnshooz

no ours does it too

AryssasMommy

My hospital didn't but we were there for a week after Aryssa was born so I felt pretty comfortable as far as taking care of her. She left the hospital on oxygen and a pulse-ox machine which those made me nervous but the other stuff I learned by watching the nurses do everything for her.

Edit: we did have to watch a baby CPR video before we left as manditory for taking a baby home on oxygen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)