Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually making an ERF post.....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM
  • 29 Replies

I had NEVER heard of ERF until a few months ago when I joined this group, so I assumed I was doing the right thing when I turned my son around to FF at one year old (which is the legal age limit) ...

Anyways, to those of you who ERF, what age/weight did you start FF your child(ren)?  In other words, when is it safest to FF?

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared...
Expecting our baby girl in June!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (S3lk)

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blakie123
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:53 AM

i turned my son at 14 months and 25 lbs, but u will get well its safest to erf until,3,4,5,15 but ultimatly its your descion :)

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Ideally a child will rear face until the limits of their car seat.  WIth seats currently on the market that will range from 30-45 lbs OR there is less than 1 inch of hard shell above their head in the car seat.

My older son rode rear facing until he hit the rfing weight limit at age 3.

My 2 year old is rfing with no change in the near future.

MamaTasha08
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Ditto to this. 

Join the Car Seat Safety group.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Ideally a child will rear face until the limits of their car seat.  WIth seats currently on the market that will range from 30-45 lbs OR there is less than 1 inch of hard shell above their head in the car seat.

babybee2007
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Thanks to both of you :)

Quoting MamaTasha08:

Ditto to this. 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared...

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (S3lk)

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:32 AM

My 2 1/2 year old is still RF.  He hit the weight limit one time and I turned him around.  He HATED it!  Then he got the stomach flu and lost 5 lbs so I turned him back around.  He hasn't gained any of it back yet.  He'll RF until he gets too tall for his seat or too heavy.

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:33 AM

No problem! :)

Quoting babybee2007:

Thanks to both of you :)

Quoting MamaTasha08:

Ditto to this. 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

lovemymarine306
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:35 AM

i was the queen of baby books and online parenting sites, but i didn't hear about ERF until this site either, way after turning her around.  but since she was the size of some two year olds at one, i don't think it mattered much (she's always been above 95% on height and weight)

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:38 AM

How do you like your Maestro?  :)

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i was the queen of baby books and online parenting sites, but i didn't hear about ERF until this site either, way after turning her around.  but since she was the size of some two year olds at one, i don't think it mattered much (she's always been above 95% on height and weight)

babybee2007
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:38 AM

My son's head is about an inch below the top of his carseat, so I guess I'll just keep him FF.  I do plan on ERFing my daughter when she's born....   now that I'm informed :-)

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared...

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (S3lk)

lovemymarine306
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM

sorry, what?

Quoting Kris_PBG:

How do you like your Maestro?  :)

Quoting lovemymarine306:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)