Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM PISSED!!!! What the $#%@ should I do!!?!?!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 37 Replies

I am pregnant, have insomnia, have to go to school early in the morning, am home BY MYSELF because DH is working night shift, and the people upstairs were banging so hard on the ceiling (their floor) that it knocked the whole damn light fixture in our bathroom down!!! It scared the hell out of me!!!! I get stressed as it is every night that DH has to be gone bc I am terrified of someone breaking in, but I don't even think I would be able to HEAR it if someone did because this banging goes on every night from like 9 - 12!!!!!!!! I have tried to be understanding, but right now I am FURIOUS!!!! I mean tonight was ridiculous! It sounded like someone was standing in the restroom jumping up and down for 45 minutes!!!!!!!! I do NOT know how to handle this though because

1 - im not going to call the cops since I haven't complained before now

2 - i am home alone at night 4 - 8 times a month, so if I piss these ppl off I am afraid they might try to do something or harass us (the husband has given me dirty looks more than once, IDK why, we just moved in 2 months ago)

So, what do I do? Do I call the office in the morning? They probably won't do anything, so I was thinking I'd leave them (the residents) a note, then call the apts and tell them what happened just so they can make a note of it. I am just so scared that we are going to piss the wrong ppl off. It really shouldn't even be this way, we live in a nice area!!! UGH!!! I'm never going to get to sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileygirl
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM

I would take my broom stick, and bang back, and yell STFU. and if it continues turn my music up loud as hell at 6 a.m.. But that's just me. :]

hmommy07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:12 AM

do you have a box fan? i turn a box fan on high when my dog or the neighbor's dog barks and i can't hear a thing.  maybe it will make it less noticeable?

rchl882
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I thought about it, and probably would have done that if my DH was home, but I could just picture that f*ing guy coming down here and banging on my door or trying to mess with me. I am so paranoid bc I have NO form of protection here, I think I am going to go buy a bat tomorrow!!

Quoting rileygirl:

I would take my broom, and bang back, and yell STFU. and if it continues turn my music up loud as hell at 6 a.. But that's just me. :]

rona503
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM

well i would make a note of it at the office for shur .there is no sense in them doing that to you .i mean it sounds like they are trying to bother you and it is working .i hated living in apartments lie that .

atlshine
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Can't get mad at folks for having sex. They can't exactly lift the bed off of the floor. Now if it were on a wall, that'd be a different story. Put a pillow over your head and count some sheep. Oh, but you're on the internet lol.

rona503
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Quoting rchl882:

I thought about it, and probably would have done that if my DH was home, but I could just picture that f*ing guy coming down here and banging on my door or trying to mess with me. I am so paranoid bc I have NO form of protection here, I think I am going to go buy a bat tomorrow!!

Quoting rileygirl:

I would take my broom, and bang back, and yell STFU. and if it continues turn my music up loud as hell at 6 a.. But that's just me. :]

if he does that i would most defiantly be calling the cops then

rchl882
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM

That's a good idea... but right now I am even more pissed about stuff falling off my ceiling!! What if my son had been standing there!? I mean for God's sake, how hard to you have to jump on your damn floor to do something like that!?!? Not to mention it sounds like you are being robbed when stuff starts crashing to the floor!!

I may buy a box fan this summer.... I am just so pissed off right now...

Quoting hmommy07:

do you have a box fan? i turn a box fan on high when my dog or the neighbor's dog barks and i can't hear a thing.  maybe it will make it less noticeable?

Hovan
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Quoting rchl882:

I am pregnant, have insomnia, have to go to school early in the morning, am home BY MYSELF because DH is working night shift, and the people upstairs were banging so hard on the ceiling (their floor) that it knocked the whole damn light fixture in our bathroom down!!! It scared the hell out of me!!!! I get stressed as it is every night that DH has to be gone bc I am terrified of someone breaking in, but I don't even think I would be able to HEAR it if someone did because this banging goes on every night from like 9 - 12!!!!!!!! I have tried to be understanding, but right now I am FURIOUS!!!! I mean tonight was ridiculous! It sounded like someone was standing in the restroom jumping up and down for 45 minutes!!!!!!!! I do NOT know how to handle this though because

1 - im not going to call the cops since I haven't complained before nowYou can still call. Just b/c it has happened before and you haven't reported it does not mean you can't now. You can report anonymously.

2 - i am home alone at night 4 - 8 times a month, so if I piss these ppl off I am afraid they might try to do something or harass us (the husband has given me dirty looks more than once, IDK why, we just moved in 2 months ago)

So, what do I do? Do I call the office in the morning? They probably won't do anything, so I was thinking I'd leave them (the residents) a note,This might do the pissing off that you mention in  #2 then call the apts and tell them what happened just so they can make a note of it.I would definately do this. I am just so scared that we are going to piss the wrong ppl off. It really shouldn't even be this way, we live in a nice area!!! UGH!!! I'm never going to get to sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

MommaClark3
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Doesn't your local police have a "Non-Emergency" line??? They do not trace a call through that line, and just explain that you want no trouble, just the police to ask them to keep it down! And just not give them your return info??? My next door neighbor did that a few times when the idiots across the way would party all night (they were evicted)...

Oh, and let management know you want NO TROUBLE, but would like to get some sleep, and to ask they keep it down... by law they cannot state where the complaints came from (and they won't unless they are buddies and tell anyways).

And last resort, just explain to manager, what are your options to get out of a lease, not saying that you'd actually move but make them think you are, and loosing money will usually get the problem under control...

rchl882
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:18 AM

They weren't having sex, this was in their restroom, and believe me this was no sex noise. It happens every night for 3 hours at a time, no one's marriage is that good lol. Yeah and um, I'm on the internet bc like I said i have INSOMNIA due to pregnancy, and once something scares the shit out of me and upsets me like this, I have to wind back down before I can even think of getting back into bed.

Quoting atlshine:

Can't get mad at folks for having sex. They can't exactly lift the bed off of the floor. Now if it were on a wall, that'd be a different story. Put a pillow over your head and count some sheep. Oh, but you're on the internet lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)