Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child has a loser a**, deadbeat, good for nothing father

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

Just say no.

I honestly wish my mom would have kept my dad from me. He has done nothing for me but cause emotional damage, disapointment, and a life time of wondering "why?" and "what if?"

So for the sake of your children, don't let the deadbeat drug addict losers come and go as they please. Just cut them out and if you feel bad just tell yourself it's for the best and will save your child a lot of aggrivation and and wondering (for example-what if...?, Why....?, What the fuck is wrong with that man!?!?!) 

ETA: I do not let my dad see my son. Because of all of this ^ . He has a good "pap pap"(DF's step dad) that loves him and is ALWAYS there, he doesn't need my dad.

I think he is a lot better off not knowing him.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mylife817
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Interesting!

reecenkaden
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM

I agree. I could've done without my dad in my life. My mom too to be honest.

HIDE YOUR DAUGHTERS!!!

snoober_k
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM

interesting. that pretty much explains my kids dad and it breaks my heart to see him come once every 2 weeks (if EVEN), barely make an effort with the kids, and then see my 1 year old stand in the driveway, confused, watching him drive away. you may be on to something. he really doesnt deserve to see his kids.

OwensMama824
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:37 AM

That really makes me sad. I can just picture it. I would never want my son to feel that way.

Good thing I ended up reproducing with a good guy that loves his son and would actually fight me for him (or at least visit every day)

Quoting snoober_k:

interesting. that pretty much explains my kids dad and it breaks my heart to see him come once every 2 weeks (if EVEN), barely make an effort with the kids, and then see my 1 year old stand in the driveway, confused, watching him drive away. you may be on to something. he really doesnt deserve to see his kids.

samthecat001
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:44 AM

if there are drugs and alchol abuse then absolutely protect your kids. go to court get it on paper.

judith106
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Im glad you posted this...My daughter is 15 and her dad overall is a good guy, but when I left him with my daughter it was because I knew he was not capable of taking care of her on his own so he never had her for weekends or anything but I made sure I kept in close contact with him...I spent years hoping that he would just say Im gonna straighten my life out for her...but it just never happened. I never kept her from him for spite or anything like that, but I did send him away a few times when he was such a mess with drugs and drinking that he really thought he would be a great dad if I let him...anyway a lot of time has gone by and hes better now..my daughter loves him and they are doing great...some may say I had no right to have it all be on my terms but I had to protect her...even he agrees with me now...

OwensMama824
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:51 AM

agree.

At least my mom wasn't trying to use me for more foodstamps/cash assistance though. She was (still is) just mean to me, because she hates my dad and she "sees him in me". 

Quoting reecenkaden:

Mylife817
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:53 AM

That's not good. She can't take it out on you.

Quoting OwensMama824:

agree.

At least my mom wasn't trying to use me for more foodstamps/cash assistance though. She was (still is) just mean to me, because she hates my dad and she "sees him in me". 

Quoting reecenkaden:

OwensMama824
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:56 AM

Eh, I'm over it. After almost 19 years of it I have learned to just say "fuck off, I'm better than both of you" sounds mean, concieted, and disrespectful but....... that's how it has to be.

Quoting Mylife817:

That's not good. She can't take it out on you.

Quoting OwensMama824:

agree.

Quoting reecenkaden:

atlshine
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:01 AM

My mother is a dear to me but she hates my father and moved us away, so he had no access for our protection. He never tried to be there anyway, but she was just being cautious.

Unfortunately, I have had to repeat this same thing with my son. My ex is a menace to society and when I got pregnant I said to myself "awwwww damn!" but I wouldn't even think of having an abortion. My son is young and doesn't realize my husband isn't his father but when he does, I don't know what I'm going to say to him. I'll be damned if he's one of those curious kids who wants to look up his father (who would be all too willing to damage my life) and give him our information. I'm gonna go with "he's dead" and hope for the best! lol may be wrong but so what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)