Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dead at 25...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM
  • 21 Replies

So, last week our neighbor died. She was a 25 year old mother to two little ones, ages 2 and 11 months. She was LITERALLY giving them their bath when she just dropped over dead. I feel for her two children who will grow up with mopst likely NO memory of their mother because they are so young. And for her husband, who is now raising two babies alone. There has been a lot of family at their house for the last week. I cannot believe what happened to her! They say she threw a blood clot which was most likely caused by her birth control (as all bc's warn of this possibility) and that makes me worry. I have a friend who is also on BC and she threw a clot from her leg that broke up into her lung and luckily the doctor caught it. Does anyone else worry about this?

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM

oh im so sorry for your neighbors husband and children that is AWFUL!! and yes, i worry about it so much that i got of the pill and switched to a no hormone IUD, than this week i found out i cant go back on BC ever anyways so i gave up on it.

Septpreggo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:11 AM
my fiancee died from a blood clot in his lung august 10, 2002 its a horrible and scary thing
camsmommy2009
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Quoting poshkat:

oh im so sorry for your neighbors husband and children that is AWFUL!! and yes, i worry about it so much that i got of the pill and switched to a no hormone IUD, than this week i found out i cant go back on BC ever anyways so i gave up on it.

Do you mind if I ask why?

mitch576
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:14 AM

i am sooo deeply sorry for your loss and theirs.

that's so tragic.. and why i do not use hormonal birthcontrol.

it can happen to any one of us though.. birthcontrol or not.

a childhood friend of mine  {she's also here at cafe}

her mother was one of the first women in the world to deliver while in a coma.  she had a aneurysm

she's been wheel chair bound since {the last almost 30 years}

but.. she was in a coma for more than 6 months and almost died more than once.

no birthcontrol.. she was about 26-27 when she stroked out while home alone with my friend {who was only 7 at the time}  she was about 2-3 months pregnant when she slipped away.

delievered at about 26-27 weeks.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

ACsLady
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:15 AM

That's so sad, but at least they know what caused it. A friend of my dad's came home to find his pregnant wife dead in the shower one day years ago. That was their first baby and I'd just met them a few weeks before. No one could figure out what happened...it was so sad.

poshkat
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Quoting camsmommy2009:

Quoting poshkat:

np. for one, i smoke, it increases the risks of blood cloths, and second im bi-polar and if i stay just on the pill my medicine brings down its effectivness from 99.9 to 95. and also nobody will do a tubal litigation becuase im only 26 with one child, so im stuck with the IUD for now.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,                          
     They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe.                 
    Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind, 
  Possessing and caressing me                                                         .

rubyjro13
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Thats really sad, maybe you could give the dad a hand or something,  I would if I WERE NEIGHBORS. Sorry caps , anyways thats crazy about the bc I really am thinking about just getting my tubes tied after this baby, its number 4 im 25 and I suck at remembering to take bc, but that was always an option up until they started doing all them commercals on the yaz and stuff. So scary, I guess I will have to look into more options, I really dont want that being me.

Cavalrybaby02
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I feel so bad for those kids and their father.  That's just so sad.

But no, I don't worry about it, and I'm on the pill.  If I worried about all the what if's I wouldn't be able to live my life to the fullest.   If I die today, it could be from any number of things, and I can't worry about all of them.

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:22 AM

i'm so sorry about your neighbor.. and that is the exact reason i refuse to use b.c pills, patches, shots or iud's

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:23 AM

wow really.. i had mine tied at 21 after i had my second baby.. my doctor was kick ass

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting camsmommy2009:

Quoting poshkat:

np. for one, i smoke, it increases the risks of blood cloths, and second im bi-polar and if i stay just on the pill my medicine brings down its effectivness from 99.9 to 95. and also nobody will do a tubal litigation becuase im only 26 with one child, so im stuck with the IUD for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)