Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need idea's please : )

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

*I don't want to do chuck e cheese*

My son and daughter's birthdays are coming up fast! Lily will be 2 the first part of May and Luke will be 4 the end of June.

For all of Luke's birthdays we were back in Kansas and did them at my moms house which is huge. Lots of room inside and outside. This year both parties will be held here in Florida and both kids have friends so I'm going to do parties where we invite people.

Problem is my townhome is very small, very split (up stairs is where toys are, down stairs is just living room/dining room) and practically no outside. Soo... my house is out.

Lily's last birthday (her first birthday) was here at the house with just us four because we were new here and didn't know anyone yet. Now she has friends too.

For Luke's birthday this year I am kind of thinking of doing it at the zoo. It's really expensive though so I need to be saving now. It's $18 per person with a minimum of 10 people so $180. That comes with cake, ice cream, juice, water and decorations all animal themed. Plus a gift for the birthday kid and free unlimited train rides and one carasol pass per kid. They have an awesome park there and a splash park so the kids would have a really good time.

My problem is Lilybelle!!! She'll be 2, I want to do a tinkerbell themed party, I just don't know where to do it!!! I could do it at a park but the only thing about that is outside is always iffy. It could be really windy or hot or raining (we live in Florida and it rains pretty much daily here)

Does anyone have any suggestions for inside parties?

What are some of the things you did for your kids birthdays?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
omgamomie
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM

can you have it at a park?

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I know she will only be 2 but what about at the bowling alley or the skating rink? We just took my 2 year old skating for the first time last weekend and he had a blast. He also loves to go bowling.

mom_love07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM

well, I know it is always fun to do it up and have something fun going on, but maybe for your daughters just have a little play date get together, can still do the cake and such, but in all honesty she won't remember it ya know.

MomofVictor
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Where in Florida are you? There is a place called Planet Jump in St. Petersburg that is really fun.. My DS will be 2 this month and he LOVES IT!!!

Good Luck

kcrunion73
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:44 AM

look for bouncy places.  i'm not sure where in fl you are... but both mine loved that.  for (my) lily's first birthday we had a huge party and rented a fire hall, i invited mine and dh's entire family.  for her 2nd birthday we just went to my mom's and had a small party.  she still doesn't have any real friends since she's not in daycare or preschool yet, so i'm either having her 3rd at my house or my mom's (it's this month).  my son we had all his parties at a place called hop & shop in the mall.  just bouncy things, for smaller kids.  i wouldn't do chuck e cheese either!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Thanks for the idea's ladies! I will probably either do the bouncy place or a park. Probably a park as long as it's weather permitting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)