Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions for SAHM's

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 51 Replies

Do you get sick almost every time the kids are sick?

I'm asking because, my husband and I have been sick a lot this year.  My four year old has only been sick once and then maybe had one fever and nothing else.  My two year old has been on an antibiotic once a month since October and my 7 month old has had RSV and bronchiolitis, twice. 
The boys are in preschool, So I know that's where the illnesses are coming from (for the most part, obviously it can come from anywhere) But, we haven't done much this winter and we don't go outside a whole (that is changing though)  I think we need to be out more, I think it will help. 

So anyway, I'm just wondering if you get sick often?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM

BUmp!

tattedmommynlj
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:48 AM

i get sick and my kid doesnt LOL

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM

yea. everytime lil guy gets sick i'm sick.. or i get sick he gets sick though not as bad as i get sick thank the goddess. I'd bawl if he got as sick as i get w the same thing. we just shared the stomach flu.. i had it 2 days an couldn't eat.. he had it 2 hours an only filled diapers.. llucky one lol

SarahJean70
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I'm always feeling run-down ... so, maybe I'm always susceptible to what they've got? Knock on wood, I've not had a horrible bout of flu -- just a stomach bug this week, which is more likely from crappy diet and stress.

poshkat
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM

no, not everytime, but this time yes, i have a horrible cough and a runny nose.

jnlwelch
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:51 AM

It's getting better.  I don't get sick everytime the kids do now.

serioussifL

not every time, but usually. Something I started having in the house that really works- Zicam rapidmelts. When DD is sick, and I get that feeling in the back of my throat, I take Zicam for 2 days and I dont get sick.

isra1986

I get sick very often! I am always sick, even when she is not. I have got sick atleast once a month this winter and DD has got sick 2 times.

sparkina13

I don't get sick very often. My son is only 2 so he isn't in school yet. However when he does get sick I usually get it too.

He had lots of cousins he sees all of the time so when he gets sick I think it usually comes from one of them.

Wendy_June
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I usually catch what they have, sometimes I don't. Right now my 11 mo and I have the stomach flu. We caught it from a 2 1/2 yo I babysit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)