Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day care for my 10 month old?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

OK so DH an i have been talkin lately an we noticed our son doesn't see as many children his age as we feel he should (we dont know anyone where we moved to so we can set up playdates) so we thought we could posibly think about daycare 2 days a week.. or maybe 3 half days or somethin.. not all the time but just a lil bit ya know? so he can get out of the house an meet other kids his age.. but he's my first an only baby at this point an when i think about it it makes me cry. i'm a SAHM its what i do.. bbut to send him to daycare just seems.. odd. I admit yea sometimes i could use a break from bein stuck in the house all day. so what do you mom's think? is it a good idea? an if so what should i look for?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luv_my_xiya
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM

i say yea, let him go for a couple days a week so he can get interaction with other children

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I say just do playdates and maybe some type of swimming lessons or other activity where he can be around other children. I think 10 months is too young for daycare.. I've worked daycare and I just don't think a 10 month old would benefit being there if he doesnt have to be.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I would look for classes (like a mommy and me).You can check your local library and do research online. I would do ANYTHING to avoid daycare. But, that's just me. Some people LOVE daycare.

gummybear02
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM

at 10 months old he's not going to play or interact with other kids/babies, though. They don't start doing that until they're much older. Is there a mom/baby group you could join, or a Gymboree or Kindermusik class that you guys could take? They have storytimes at libraries and Barnes and Noble stores. I don't think I would enjoy my "downtime" if my baby was in daycare. 

Wendy_June
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I'd look into swimming classes or baby dates or something. I wouldn't do daycare unless I was working.

AmiJanell
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Do you have any community programs in your area? Most county's have ECFE classes that are either free or very inexpensive... you can bring your child to play and interact and at the same time get to know other mom's (frequently stay at home moms) and chat about thing and voice concerns and stuff... so it's a great opportunity for both of you.

Kimora_neko
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I just put my DD in day care twice a week. she is 20 months and really I just needed a break! my DH as been deployed for over a year and raising our DD by myself just finally got to me. I needed the break and she needed the interaction with other kids. I do a swim class with her but she doesn't get the interaction, one the class is only 30 mins long and two, she is there to swim, she doesn't care about the other kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)