Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with muiltable toddlers, Why so many?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

Just kidding, I have a question for you. I have 4 kiddies 13, 4 , and 2- 2yr olds. I am taking the week to go to Florida and down to Disney ( Yaa!)  I would love some advice as to keeping the kids together and safe also keeping the price down. We are driving. So I am bringing strollers I am thinking of picking up a few kid leashes. I have one already ( My 4 yr olds old one). Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank You!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:03 AM

The strollers and SNACKS to keep them happy in the stroller

twinmamaof3
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I was going to say those leash things, ( I myself will be buying two this summer) with a three year old and two two year olds, yeah not letting them walk by themselves.  lol.  also since you are driving buy sandwhich meat ect and make sandwhiches for the trip, pick up chips, snacks, and drinks, that way you do  not spend a ton on fast food and snacks on the road, also eat breakfast at the hotel before going into the parks, its usually free, then go back to the hotel for lunch (sandwhiches or hot pockets, ect since most hoetels have microvaves) then you can eat out at dinner.  this is what we were going to do this summer when we were supposed to go to disney.  sorry for all the typos in a rush!

MommynMonster
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Multiple... Get matching neon shirts?

gypsydancer7
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM

LOL.....not a bad idea actually. Here is something neat I heard of......get ID bracelets made up just in case they get away from you. Put there first name, your name, hotel name, and phone number oin them

Quoting MommynMonster:

Happy Valentines Day!!

MOTHERBEAR6
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I was thinking about getting them shirts with number put on them lol 1 for the oldest 2 ...3...4 thats a good thought.  Thank you!

SweetAnnaBelle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM

My husband and I are going to Mexico in November with our 2 kids, who by then will be 13 months and 2...We are flying, but some of our plans are:

1) Put away some small, quiet toys before the trip, pack them in our carry on so that they will be "new" at that time. The novelty might keep them interested longer.

2) I am very "crunchy", so I'm really fussy about what my family eats, plus my son has a ton of food sensitivities, so I really DO NOT like being "forced" to eat out in the absence of another option. Pack as much food as you can for the trip, and do your best to plan your meals so that you are not caught with your pants down, so to speak, and eating too late, etc., and having the kids get crazy/fussy.

3) Stroller, etc. As much as I am into AP, a double stroller is going to be a must for our trip. I do plan to baby-wear for some of the time, but it gets hot in Mexico, and also, if I have to put a kid down for a minute, having them run off is NOT an option in an airport, or in Mexico (or anywhere for that matter). The stroller is a safe and familiar place to put them so they can eat, relax and regroup, and not get too overstimulated. If you can find a parent-facing tandem or at least one where they can face each other, it'll be easier for them to relax if they can see their family when you need for them to be taking a break.

I'm not usually a huge leash fan, but again, I might consider it for our little guy for this trip. He is VERY active, and VERY busy, and forgets himself sometimes and takes off. I don't want to keep him sedentary all day, by wearing him OR having him in the stroller, but I can't risk losing him either. It only takes one split second where I'm holding the baby, have my hands full, WHATEVER, and then he's gone. Can't risk it. We are getting a backpack/leash. If he were an only child, things might be different, but, here we are.

Snacks, drinks, toys. These things are huge. I don't like using food as entertainment, but in unfamiliar places, snacking on familiar foods can be comforting. It's not like you'll be in Disneyworld all the time. ;-)

Good luck, and enjoy your trip! We love Orlando, Disney and especially Universal! DH and I went there for our honeymoon! LOL!

MOTHERBEAR6
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM

We are getting dry ice and cooler full of snacks and foods the hotel has a area for pick nicks and grilling. I know this will throw my babies schedul off, since we are an hour ahead of Disney. My strollers don't recline we have umbrella strollers.  I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst

katzmeow726
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Have the two year olds in the stroller.  And with the four year old, if you don't want to use the leash back pack.  Have him walk between you and the 13 year old holding both yoru hands.  While a 13 year old doesn't really need to to keep track of her...it will at least keep her in your sights.  Or he can hold your hand and your 13yo can push the stroller.

rebabeach2
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting gypsydancer7:

LOL.....not a bad idea actually. Here is something neat I heard of......get ID bracelets made up just in case they get away from you. Put there first name, your name, hotel name, and phone number oin them

Quoting MommynMonster:

Actually, you can get personal id. tattoos for kiddos. Temporary of course. :o) Works well bc they can't remove them and they stay on for several days if you are planning on doing more than one day at the park.

MOTHERBEAR6
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I like the tatts ideal where do you get thoughs from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)