Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE ISSUE I NEED HELP FROM ANY MOTHER !!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

So my older brother is getting married . He invited me , not our step brother and not my mother who he has not spoken to in over 15 yrs !!!! Our parents divorced when I was 2 and it was always back and forth until he was about 9-10 and then decided to live with my dad. He contacted my mom when he was a teenager and asked if himand a friend can come to Florida and live , she said sure but they need to find jobs and get their own place he didnt like that so he never came and has not talked to her since.  NOW, he is getting married and his fiance is asking that I get them some toasting flutes etched and decorated , well ok but the only way to do that is ask my mother, she's the one who makes them at her buisness. They didnt even inviter her to the wedding and they want me to ask her to make them tasting glasses, now I explained to the fiance the situation and told her my brother shattered my mothers heart by not talking to her. Its not my place to ask my mother I dont want to hurt her feelings, now I keep my mother updated with pictures and such of my brother so she can see what he looks like and tell her how hes doing BUT do you think I should ask her ?/??I would feel horrible and prefer to stay out of it,LOL.

SHE KNOWS HE'S GETTING MARRIED AS WELL .

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Well, if they did not invite her and you want to stay out of it, and if you can afford it, take the flutesto someone local and have them done. It is actually not alot of money. It would save the argument for sure.

chelleybeans
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I would stay out of it. I think it would hurt her to know he is getting married and she wasn't invited. I'm sorry things are like that in your family and I hope that maybe you brother will invited her anyway and put this stuff aside.

adamjackie
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM

That is a tough situation. I would say something to your mom though. Maybe say something like "Mom this is really hard for me to approach but brother wants me to ......." Or you could just tell your brother that you are not comfortable asking your mom about that since he has not spoken to her for so long.

firefly63701
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Personally i would have him ask her himself.  Its not fair to not even talk to her but to expect something from her.  KWIM

I'm raising a child with autism.  What's your superpower?

SuzyQ007
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM

What do you think your mother would say if you asked her? Would she be upset and say no or would she do it? Is it a possibility that this could somewhat reunite them? If your brother thinks that she did something as nice as make the toasting flutes for them, would it change the way he feels about her?

Be True To Yourself

prestonjohn
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM

def. this

Quoting RmeWifey01:

Well, if they did not invite her and you want to stay out of it, and if you can afford it, take the flutesto someone local and have them done. It is actually not alot of money. It would save the argument for sure.

purplemoosemom
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM

there must be somewhere else you could get it done

bubbaboo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM

No, don't ask her, go online and find some and buy them. there are many sites you can get these at. Leave the mom out of it, I know she is your mom, but it's his wedding. and they didn't have a relationship and that is between them. Or go to the mall and get them at things remembered or something like that.

Love2Bugs
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I think it could go two ways honestly. If you ask she might be happy to do it mite even think it could resolve things and make their relationship better.

Or she could be really offended and upset and more hurt by it.

I think if they want your mom to do that they need to ask her on their own. its been 15 years its time to let the past be the past and start a new begining he is getting married afterall time to grow up. Im sure there is more to the story as to why and everything but its been a long time he doesnt have to be bff with her just communicate he his still her son and im sure she still loves him with all her heart. They could at least invite her to the wedding also.

But my opinion i wouldnt do it if i were you. Id make them do it.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

missingbelle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I'm not sure what my mother would say, I know she would be torn because she didnt even get an invite but he wants toasting glasses from her. I know for sure it wont bring them together my brother has no desire to speak to her it just puts me in an awkward place , i dont want to hurt my mothers feelings by asking her.

Quoting SuzyQ007:

What do you think your mother would say if you asked her? Would she be upset and say no or would she do it? Is it a possibility that this could somewhat reunite them? If your brother thinks that she did something as nice as make the toasting flutes for them, would it change the way he feels about her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)