Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They have a kids menu, but....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

My parents wanted to take me, the kids and my brother and his wife out to lunch. My brother and his wife ALWAYS choose the restaurant, that is just the way it is in our family. No one ever tends to have a problem with it because, well, they have good taste.

So they call me just now to tell me what restaurant so I look it up online (they didn't know the name, only the address so i had to google it).

I've been to this restaurant before. It is a formal dining restaurant. The first time I went there, they would not let us in because my husband was wearing tennis shoes and no jacket.

On the website, it shows their menu. They DO have a children's menu, but as I said before, it is a formal restaurant.

I kind of don't want to go now. My son will be okay but my daughter will act up, I can just tell by the way she is acting this morning.

Should I ask them to change the restaurant? Should I just go and enjoy the free meal? 

*sigh*

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JADIEBUG
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I would ask for a change of restaurant. If you know your DD won't do good there it is not right to force the issue.

xanayda
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM

maybe take a rain check? tell them why you don't want to go.

mommytothree07
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Tell your family that you would love to go to dinner with them, but your not comfortable to go there with your children and that your gonna have to decline..

kk_bella
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I think I am going to call and say why don't we go to a more casual restaurants where it will not be such a big deal for the kids to be a little loud, or where they have a place Libster can play.

I would just cancel/post pone but my mom went from babysitting 3-4 days a week to only seeing my kids once every two weeks and I'm pretty sure she would be really depressed if I just didn't go.

Wish me luck, lol, I hope they don't think I'm just being bitchy.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I would change the restaurant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)