Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So...If there isnt drama....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM
  • 33 Replies

I am very confused here. I thought this site was supposed to be a supportive place where moms could go to get advice and make friends. I had a post that I put up the other day asking for help with tricks and tips you had to help with potty training. But it seems that since it was not drama filled and posted to cause fighting, it was ignored. Some people read it, but noone actually commented or seemed even slightly willing to help! Do I really have to slip that question into a post about abuse or something like that? I am not trying to be pissy, it just makes me wonder. Why couldnt I get the help I so desprately needed just because it wasnt a drama filled post?? Ok, Let the bashing begin I suppose.

mother of 2 beautiful kiddos and wife to an amazing manbaby boytoddler girlin love

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof3boys312
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I have to agree. I dont know if I saw that post or not, But Im having my own potty training struggles and nothing seems to be working- so I dont think I would be too helpful w/any advice lol

PeytonNBella
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM

This board is a wild place, most people come here to start drama, feed the drama or read about the drama. Sorry your question was over looked. Try to do a board search for a board focused on kids the same age as yours. Chances are it will be slower and your post will stay on the first page long enough to get some great answers. Don't judge all of CM based on the Newcomers board.

jigsaw ribbonsids ribbonamerican flag ribbonpink ribbon

gnr
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Well I personally did not see your post..I wasn't on yesterday but my daughter is 16 months old I am not at the potty training stage yet.  We have all experienced that same thing on this site at one point or another it is after all a "social networking site".  Try American baby.com they have some great information as well as a forum.  You could also type in potty training on this site i the search cafe mom box.  Sorry no one replied I wish you the best of luck :D

manamott
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I agree 100%. Nothing I ever post gets any replies because it is not drama. It is so frustrating!!!!

gnr
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM

yes please don't LOL :D

Quoting PeytonNBella:

This board is a wild place, most people come here to start drama, feed the drama or read about the drama. Sorry your question was over looked. Try to do a board search for a board focused on kids the same age as yours. Chances are it will be slower and your post will stay on the first page long enough to get some great answers. Don't judge all of CM bashed on the Newcomers board.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/gnr
snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:51 PM

because the NEW COMER CLUB is actually lets bash eachother group, if you want REAL answers then you should go to a group that discuess that issue, such as the 2007 babies or potty training help. Hope that helps

PeytonNBella
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Haha maybe  I should learn to spell before I post again. ;)

Quoting gnr:

yes please don't LOL :D

Quoting PeytonNBella:

This board is a wild place, most people come here to start drama, feed the drama or read about the drama. Sorry your question was over looked. Try to do a board search for a board focused on kids the same age as yours. Chances are it will be slower and your post will stay on the first page long enough to get some great answers. Don't judge all of CM bashed on the Newcomers board.

luvmylife25
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I am not judging all of CM. I promise lol. I am just frusterated cuz my DD is just so stubborn lol. I have been a memeber of CM for a while now and I know how it can get. I just hate how sometimes we will come on for help and noone sees the post due to all the drama filled ones. But I love CM and would never judge everyone on here due to the drama seekers

mother of 2 beautiful kiddos and wife to an amazing manbaby boytoddler girlin love

AZM
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM

sorry I did not see your post So what is your potty training problem?

luvmylife25
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM

My DD is almost 4 and she was doing really well with it. Then my DS was born in Nov. and she just stopped and went back to doing her business in her pants. And she REFUSES to use the potty. I am ready to pull my hair out lol. I tried using preschool as an incentive but nothing is working

Quoting AZM:

sorry I did not see your post So what is your potty training problem?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)