Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda annoyed by my MIL...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, she knows my husband and I are getting a divorce - my husband has not told her the EXACT reason (he cheated and treated me like dog crap) - just that we're getting one.  Of course he more than likely won't tell her..

But, what annoys me is that for my birthday, she sent me a card and it wasn't just a 'happy birthday' card, it was a 'your my DIL and were meant to be with my son and you two are perfect and happy together' card - mind you she knew we were getting divorced...

Second, (and I'm probably going to un-friend her, the only reason she is my friend on fb was so that she can see pics of her grandson) every single thing that is said on fb remotely concerning her son she relays it back to him... for example, I posted that my son wanted a sword (like GI Joe sword) and my SIL responded with 'yeah so he can use it on you know who' completely joking...  

But yeah, its getting annoying because everytime she does it it's about nothing, and she just expects him to call me and we'll 'make up' and be together again..

Maybe it's just cause I'm in a pissy mood - but damn it's annoying..

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
futureshock
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Why can't you just tell her he cheated on you and treated you like crap?

HeatherMae55
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:46 PM

because of the type of person she is.. she's all emotional and clingy and annoying...  and I just know she's gonna cry and throw a fit - maybe  have a heart attack..  And she'll keep calling wanting to know if things have changed..

Not to mention it would make things even more awkward between stbex and me..

Quoting futureshock:

-xoxo-
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I'd probably just block her from seeing certain stuff on your page. Go to the privacy settings and you can stop her from seeing whatever. I personally would tell her though or at least tell her that the divorce is 100% your stbx's fault and that she needs to be taking it up with him. 

Kaibutsu
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Aw I'm sorry that sounds annoying.

Harmonyzmomma
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM

it isn't her place to tell her. If her ex wanted his mom to know he would tell her

Quoting futureshock:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)