Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschooler Expelled From Catholic School Because His Parents Are Gay

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 24 Replies

Boulder Catholic School Student Expelled Because His Parents Are Gay

BOULDER, Colo. — A Catholic school in Colorado is kicking out a preschooler because the child's parents are lesbians.
The child will not be allowed to re-enroll next year at Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic School. The Denver Archdiocese posted a statement Friday that the parents are "living in open discord with Catholic teaching."
The statement says students in Catholic schools are expected to have parents who abide by policies of the school and church. The Archdiocese said students with gay parents in Catholic schools would become "confused."
The school's decision was first reported Friday by KUSA-TV in Denver.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/05/boulder-catholic-school-k_n_487172.html?view=print

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kndmom75
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I mean, seriously, this far into the school year and they are just finding out the kid's parents are gay?  You'd think they would've discovered that tidbit when they were looking at the enrollment form for the school and just denied entry and hid behind their bible.

FL2AK
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM

It is a private school and they can do what they want.  I am curious why 2 gay parents would even want their child going to a Catholic school in the first place.    

sati769leigh
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM

as disgusting as it might be to most, its a private school they have rules concerning many things  and i believe including this type of thing. shameful though.

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM

As much as I'm for equal rights .. I agree with the school on this one.  They openly state their policies and its their choice... that's why they are private religious and not public.

Down here I remember a girl got expelled from a Christian school b/c she had a "Quinces" and their school/religion forbade dancing...

And btw, I know a girl who went to Catholic school for much of her life... she had 2 mothers but they always kept it on the down low so the school never found out...

harder to do with a preschooler though

mama02040608
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Unfortunately, it is a Catholics school and homosexuality is not accepted by the Church.  They have every right to expel the kid.  I don't agree with this at all, and I am Catholic, but being a private school, they don't need a reason to expel.

mom23boys679
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

It is a private school and they can do what they want.  I am curious why 2 gay parents would even want their child going to a Catholic school in the first place.    

Ditto. I'm Catholic and firm in my beliefs BUT why would a gay couple want their child there? Catholicism is the epitome of letting gays know they're lifestyle is not welcome. WHY?

-42-
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM

That's such BULLSHIT.

If they don't want 'that' in their schools, they should have done their research before enrolling him and no doubt, taking that 'zomg ghey money'....I'm sure they had no problem with that.

ShadowLark
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

Maybe they're Catholic.  But it is a private school, and sadly, they can do what they want.

HeatherMae55
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Quoting mom23boys679:

Quoting FL2AK:

Ditto. I'm Catholic and firm in my beliefs BUT why would a gay couple want their child there? Catholicism is the epitome of letting gays know they're lifestyle is not welcome. WHY?

Maybe academically the school is the best around..??

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM

What I want to know is why would the parents subject a child to a church that knowingly is against the way they live.  The parents set this child up for this, more than likely to make a political statement!  Children are not political pawns!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)