Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say something??

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay I was at the mall today and my kids and I were eating ice cream when this woman puts a blanket down on a chair and begins to change her baby right in the middle of the food court. The baby had a VERY smelly diaper. Everyone around her were making faces and trying to eat! A lady that works at the mall was walking by and "side-stepped" because of the smell, but did not say anything. It was very disgusting and since we were done I just got up and left. But for all of those other people what must have been going through thier minds??? I know that if I would have had a full meal to eat I would have said something but it did not seem like anyone was going to say something. What would you do? Would you go to her and tell her as politely as possible that there are baby changing tables in the washrooms or would you just endure the awful smell and try to gag down your meal? or would you get up and move?? Just wondering what you ladies would do?

bib1972on vacationgroup hugbunch of roses

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hmommy07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:43 PM

that is gross.  i would stare her down and get up and move. i hate eating in food courts for reasons like this anyway.

bib1972
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Quoting hmommy07:

that is gross.  i would stare her down and get up and move. i hate eating in food courts for reasons like this anyway.

Yeah My kids were like "Man, mom don't she have any manners!" LOL! I love my kids!!

welcomedancingfigure skatingbib1972

Amaranth361
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Id just let it be. Knowing my sons they'd probably make a comment though cuz they are open about body functions and never miss a beat when it comes to pointing out smells LOL.

Personally, after 3 children and many smelly diapers the smell wouldnt really affect my ability to eat,etc.

ErikaM27
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

if she was going to take as long as I'm taking to eat tp change the diaper i would move. If it took her a minute i would just look away.

HikariChan

That is really gross! I am not normally outspoken, but I would totally have walked up to her and ask her kindly to move that business to the changing tables in the bathroom. I ALWAYS change my girls in the bathroom whether it is pee or poo. No one else wants to see that, and I want my kids to have their privacy too.

Search & Win

So far, since December 2009, I have earned $40 in amazon.com giftcards that I am using to save to get my daughters presents this upcoming Christmas

baby girltoddler girl

lesliemck86

I wouldn't have done anything, I'm the non-confrontational type. I do recall though changing my son on a changing pad on the dirty bathroom floor in a stall several times when there was no changing table....

ErikaM27
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Quoting Amaranth361:

Id just let it be. Knowing my sons they'd probably make a comment though cuz they are open about body functions and never miss a beat when it comes to pointing out smells LOL.

Personally, after 3 children and many smelly diapers the smell wouldnt really affect my ability to eat,etc.

this

warmcoffee
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM

You can hardly say anything to anybody these days without it turning into an argument or a fight.  But, I would have told an employee (even though they saw it as well, no one said anything), if employee would not say anything to this person, I would ask for the manager.  If you visit this mall often, it may be a good idea to find a manager to report it to, even in writing, because that is really totally disgusting and a health hazard.  I know it's a baby, but e-coli is e-coli, even to smell it.

25beengoodtome
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Now someone will decide we need a new law!

Quoting hmommy07:

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)