Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, may I pick your brains for a moment?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have four 1-3 yr olds tomorrow and I need an activity that centers around springtime and the beautiful world we live in. Any ideas?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
allycally
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I love this website... http://www.toddlertoddler.com/

lesliemck86
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Can you go outside? You could look at plants and stuff and then have them color what they see (it might be scribbling but its still good lol).

judybant
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Pipe cleaner flowers! Use the pipe cleaners as stems... don't need to be green, but cute if they are... and use buttons of all shapes and sizes, thread them onto the pipe cleaners, and you can use several different sizes, and colors of buttons on each stem, separated with a bead of some sort... Then just twist the pipe cleaners at the top, to keep them from coming off that end, and make a knot in the backside, to keep them from coming down... and put the "flowers" into an old glass jar, with some sand in the bottom to keep it from falling over... They can use tissue paper and wwatered down white glue to make the jars look like stained glass....

You can also use wallpaper samples, or go buy a roll of flowered contact paper, or something like that... to add bigger petals behind a button, or use felt in various colors, cut to leaf shapes, etc... (You'll do the cutting, of course) I got a vase full of these from kids at school when I was in the hospital, and it was SO cute! And even I can't kill THESE flowers!

krista778
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Take egg cartons a bit of dirt in them and plant seeds, I did that with my dd (2) and she loved it/ I explained how plants come from the seeds, don't know if she got it but it was fun!

VJennyLynnS

go outside have them pick some flowers and leaves pine cones, rocks etc and then go inside and take paper plates cut out the middles of the plates and when just the ring is left of the paper plate have them glue the flowers and leaves, etc that they picked/found to the plate and attach a string to them and you've got a wreath! All of them will be original and different colors and textures

FL2AK

What about having them plant some flowers into little pots or plastic cups that they can decorate?  

SamiJ18
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:00 PM

You could cut out paper flowers and bugs and have them color them.

momlove25
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM

make butterflies

take water colorc and paint coffee filters and then let them dry and add a clothes pin and a pipe cleaner.

they will love it.

VJennyLynnS
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM

at sproutonline.com they have some really cute ideas.. that's where I got the wreath idea.

Another idea from sprout is an eggshell planter.. what you do is crack an egg around the very top and take all the goo out and rince it.. then you add dirt and grasseed then they can draw faces on the eggshell and once the grasseed grows it looks like they're little egg has hair.. its adorable. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)