Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your grocery/meal style?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you make a list prior to the grocery store and stick with it?

Do you plan meals in advanced, or just look in the cupboards and see what you can whip up?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:45 PM

i used to plan all my meals way in advance around the sales and stuff at the stores. to keep prices down. I became a stockpiling couponer and i have 2 deep freezers full of meats and stuff. so now i usually fly from the hip with things

mrs.phillips123
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:46 PM

i always make a list, i have a list organizer on my iphone that helps wonders. i try to plan meals out, but sometimes end up just whipping something up.

i try to buy produce as fresh as possible so i usually end up at the store prob every other day or so.

SamiJ18
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I plan meals a week in advance and make a grocery list from that.  I do keep a stock of quick and easy meals in case we mess up dinner while cooking it or we just don't feel like eating what is on the menu that night.

ZoeCY
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I make a list but usually remember at least a couple of things that I left off the list. 

I guess I semi-plan, I usually have a general idea but it's not set in stone and some days I just see what we have.

elly25
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Some times I make a list and I stick by it.If I think that I'm going to forget something that is.I make a mental list pretty much every time that I go to the store.I do stick by it.The only time that I don't stick by it is if my husband sneaks something in the cart that I don't know about until check out time.I do plan my meals ahead of the time for two weeks.Also I freeze meals ahead of the time.That way if I don't want to cook or I don't have the money to order out.I can pull out a pre-made meal and warm it up.

owls

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM

For me it varies.Some weeks I plan what I am going to make that week and the following week,pull out recipe cards,make a list of everything I need.Sometimes I fly by the seat of my pants and just wing it.

Ginanne
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

i just always keep the basics of several different meals my family likes stocked, and then if we need produce or something for it i dont have, i go buy that the night before... so i guess i plan the meals kinda a day ahead... sometimes

4kidz916

I plan my meals ahead of time and stick with that list while grocery shopping.  I'm on a strict budget and have to do it that way.

anetrnlov

I make a list but usually end up buying stuff that isn't on my list.

I try to plan out meals but most times I open the cupboards to and try to think up stuff to make.

northernmommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM

i'm a fly by the seat of my pants type. i wander around the grocery store and pick up a few things that sound good and that give me some options. then i scavenge the cupboard and find stuff that sounds good together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)