Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waxing Question...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the Gigi Wax Warmer w/Gigi honey wax on my eyebrows, lip, and arms and it works great!  I noticed on my belly though it left little red bumbs that lasted about a day.  Then I tried it on my bikini line and it was worse.  It gets the hair, no problem but it leaves little red bumps.  Is there a cream or something I can use for that?  It look worse than when I shave, which is the whole reason I bought wax!!

-Ashley, 23-y/o Soldier, Army Wife, and Mother to a 3 y/o miracle boy, Azriel (survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant.) I am a vaxing, non-ERF, pro-life, part-time college student, COMMON SENSE type mother.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mitch576
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

if you apply a thin layer of white stick deodorant/ antiperspirant you will not get any bumps of ingrown hairs.

it also works great for preventing blisters. apply a thin layer to the backs of hte heels or where ever you blister and you won't get them at all.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

SoldierMom86
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Are you talking about before waxing or before shaving?

Quoting mitch576:

if you apply a thin layer of white stick deodorant/ antiperspirant you will not get any bumps of ingrown hairs.

it also works great for preventing blisters. apply a thin layer to the backs of hte heels or where ever you blister and you won't get them at all.

-Ashley, 23-y/o Soldier, Army Wife, and Mother to a 3 y/o miracle boy, Azriel (survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant.) I am a vaxing, non-ERF, pro-life, part-time college student, COMMON SENSE type mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)