Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mop or swiffer wet jet? UPDATE with question!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM
  • 64 Replies

i went and bought a mop and bucket today, i was sick of the swiffer wet jet, i feel like all it does is push around the dirt and i cant get around corners and than i have dry nasty stuff where it pushed the dirt into the walls. my husband said thats exactly what a mop does too. i said hes wrong. which of us is right?

i saw alot of women say alot of good things about the steam mop. where can i get one of these jems and refills too!!

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,                          
     They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe.                 
    Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind, 
  Possessing and caressing me                                                         .

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JW100206
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I say he's right. Thats exactly why I never use a mop. I feel like the only way I can get my floor clean is with a bucket of hot water and some kinda soap and scrub the floor with a sponge and follow it with a dry towel immediately. It sucks.

wife.and.mommy

a mop is gross... sorry... swifter wet jet all the way.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Honestly, I like my Bissel steam mop. It's better than the swiffer, and not as sloppy as a regular mop.

Jennifer_236

him Sorry

tattedmommynlj
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Mop works better!!!!! takes too many cloth thingys to get a floor clean and just pushes dirty water yuck everywhere.

allurasmamma

I say neither of them. I like to pour water and poison (any kind of disinfectant) on the floor and scrub with a towel.

randysmommy88

I prefer the swiffer wet jet, i think it cleans satisfactorily, and its easier to use than a mop.

TinaN64

He's right.  I go over it with the Wet Jet, then go along the edges with rags and cleaner. 

MarleyDnMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM

wet jet all the way love it!!! will never use a dirty mop again.

Christy78
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:36 PM

hand Mop my kitchen .  I feel its the only way it gets clean .  I do have the clorix mop thing I use that every day after I sweap the floors And Vacuum  then I use it . And I  Hand Mop it every other day .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)