Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby and wifey? Someone explain this to me please!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I have noticed the teen family members I have on FB post about their hubby and wifey all the time. Um I guess I am old and outdated at the tender age of 27 because I don't understand it. Is it a trend to do this now? Am I the only one who finds it weird?

I wanted to add it isn't married couples on my fb whose post confuse me but the teenagers who are not married and like just got togtehr who are using these terms. When i first started seeing it pop up places I was thinking things like "did my 15 year old cousin get married"? It is very confusing to me.

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM

LOL, I ragged on my friend the other day on fb. She posted blah blah blah with my man. I commented and was like only 17-18y/o refer to their husbands/boyfriends as their man.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

adrianasmommy07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Ive always called my husband my hubby, my mom did it every now and then when I was growing up, so... IDK, Im 25, so not much younger than you.

Silvia1011
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM

We say hubby and wifey, but we are married.  I didn't know teens used these terms.. I'm assuming they're not married and that's why it's weird?

ETA: I'm 26 and DH is 29

pregnancy

MsDean
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM

My family members are not married though. I think they are referring to their boyfriends which is why I find it weird.

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

Ive always called my husband my hubby, my mom did it every now and then when I was growing up, so... IDK, Im 25, so not much younger than you.

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The word "wifey" gets on my last nerve... and a member here who has that as part of her SN took that personally and has an issue with me because of it, but oh well.

It just sounds immature and childish to me, "hubby" too.

mnmsmom2008
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Thank goodness it's just a saying.  The daughter of a friend of mine has a new "hubby" every other week lol.

alexhuntercody

my 16 year old cousin's boyfriend calls her his wifey. it drives me nuts. I want to slap the hat off his damn head and pull up on his pants and scream she is NOT your wifey you idiot! But i don't. lol

MBargie

Where I am, some people call their best female friend their wifey, or their best male friend their hubby. I currently have 3 wifeys, lol. But I only have my DH as a hubby. (I hate the sound of hubby) I don't post stuff about my wifeys though, I also have 2 girlfriends who fight over whose baby I'm having, lol. They ARE in highschool, but they are great kids. My DH has some wifeys but I'm the only legal one and the only one he's allowed to sleep with, lol.

MsDean
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM

My cousin is like that,lol!

Quoting mnmsmom2008:

Thank goodness it's just a saying.  The daughter of a friend of mine has a new "hubby" every other week lol.

MiosMommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I feel the EXACT same way!!  Wifey in particular makes me want to punch people.  I can't stand it.  I never say Hubby either because I'm an adult.  Just don't get it.

Quoting wickedfiress:

The word "wifey" gets on my last nerve... and a member here who has that as part of her SN took that personally and has an issue with me because of it, but oh well.

It just sounds immature and childish to me, "hubby" too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)