Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anything really work? (inducing labor at home)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anything really work? I have heard some does some dont. What have you tried that worked and didnt work?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ready_for2
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:08 PM

i tried everything except castor oil and nothing worked (nipple stimulation, sex, foods,  evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea, walking miles, bouncing on birth ball....umm dont remember what else!)

josiphene
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Nothing works unless the baby's ready I've tried everything and nipple stimulation worked only when I was 42 weeks so I think he was just ready.

When I say everything I ment everything except all the herbs because those are really dangerous

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

i have recently just started trying this

Quoting ready_for2:

i tried everything except castor oil and nothing worked (nipple stimulation, sex, foods,  evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea, walking miles, bouncing on birth ball....umm dont remember what else!)

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM

BUMP!

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Sex and walking.

Semen actually helps soften your cervix.

lismore
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:28 AM

i tried the Castro oil and it worked. its not the best tasting stuff in the world and it takes literally about six hours to kick in but at 11:00 that night i went into labor.

sati769leigh
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:29 AM

I personally swear by chinese food. 2 of my labors started shortly after chinese buffet! LOL

OneToughMami
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:33 AM

I ummm yeah...I took a shower and shaved my legs. I was kind of there in the shower like "fuck that pain there is getting annoying." Then I told my mom and she asked why I didn't wake her sooner...duh I was showering lol...

beans13
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I also tried everything short of castor oil.....

The doctor asked us at my appt when I was 40 weeks 3 days if we had tried sex and DH jump up, pointed at me and said "she made me"...it was hilarious...

I was induced at 41 weeks, she was born at 41 weeks 2 days.

kat247
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Why are you trying to induce your labor?Maybe its just me but I dont get why you would want to do that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)