Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Insert Snappy Title Here* Help!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

My boys are about to turn 2 and 3, and we're doing a combined birthday party for them this year at the end of next month.  (Their birthdays are only 4 weeks apart, and with everything we have going on right now, we probably couldn't do two separate parties this year, so we're doing one in between their birthdays.)

We've decided that we're going to do a dinosaur theme.  I already know how I'm going to do the cakes: a big stegosaurus for everyone, and then two small squares with a T-rex footprint in them for each of the boys.  We're going to have a small sandbox set up, where the kids can dig for dino bones, and we'll have a dino pinata.  I'm not sure what all we're going to do for food, but I know I'm going to have some of the dino shaped chicken nuggets, and jello jigglers in dino shapes.

I need some more ideas for food, or activities that would go along with a dino themed party!  Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

This is the cake we're going to do:

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PreggoPebbles
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Bump...

PreggoPebbles
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Bump, again...

ashthecat
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM

They sell cookie cutters shaped like dinos. you could make sandwiches and cut them out like dinos. cookies shaped like dinos. you could also do like cups of dirt except instead of worms you can do dinos on top.

serioussifL
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Pin the spikes/horn on the dino?

countrybaby89
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Try this site

http://www.kids-birthday-party-guide.com/dinosaur-birthday-party.html

julls04
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:14 AM

hard boiled eggs and put them in a bowl with nesting maybe put a little dye on them spotted so they look like dino eggs. 

villafrancomom
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Cute theme! I love the cake. I really don't have any ideas. I was going to say dino shaped sandwhiches too. I have a thing that I use to cut my sons sandwhiches into two dinosaurs. I got it at walmart. Its like a giant sandwhich cookie cutter that makes two dinosaurs  out of one sandwhich

PreggoPebbles
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Quoting serioussifL:

Pin the spikes/horn on the dino?

Oh, I meant to mention that! My husband found a poster, and it's a dino skeleton.  It used stickers instead of pins, but same concept.  "Stick the bones on the dino skeleton." LOL

PreggoPebbles
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Quoting villafrancomom:

Cute theme! I love the cake. I really don't have any ideas. I was going to say dino shaped sandwhiches too. I have a thing that I use to cut my sons sandwhiches into two dinosaurs. I got it at walmart. Its like a giant sandwhich cookie cutter that makes two dinosaurs  out of one sandwhich

I think I might do that. I have to find some cookie cutters to do the jello jigglers, so I'm sure I can find another size to do sandwiches.  I just told my husband about it, and he said we can do some veggie sandwiches, and some meat sandwiches and have them labeled for "herbivores" and "carnivores" LOL!

PreggoPebbles
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Quoting julls04:

hard boiled eggs and put them in a bowl with nesting maybe put a little dye on them spotted so they look like dino eggs. 

Oh, that's a cute idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)