Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction Opinions. :)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I am electively inducing with my DD2. It may be a week early, it may be 2 weeks early, or it may be right around my due date. I want some idea of others 0pinions. I am deciding to do this for 2 reasons. 1. I have had numerous leg surgeries because of a car accident, and because of my age I can't get a knee replacement, so the end of my pregnancies are hell on me. My leg continually pops out of place making it a potential for me to fall, and I am in so much pain. (That is the reason I chose to get induced with DD1. And that induction worked out perfectly, no complications, no dreaded c-sections.) The second reason I am doing it this time is so Daddy can be here for the birth. He's currently deployed and scheduled his r and r to coincide with my due date, but that's not always a for sure thing.  And for moms that have been there do you think this induction will go as smoothly? Deathly scared of c-sections.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alishabear0808
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it! I hope that everything goes great for you! GL and here is a BUMP maybe someone else will have other things

charlene_kyle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I chose to induce with both of my kids. I had a great experience with both kids. I had no problems with either. With my 2nd things went just as easy as they did with my first. Good Luck to you!

MsDean
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I had to induce wiht my second because she was a week overdue and I elected to induce with my third a week early but when I went in i was already in labor, lol! Anyways my induction went smoothly and my OBGYN said it was safe to induce as early as 2 weeks before. Anyways good luck momma! You should do fine my induction went great!

Sparta.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Well that makes me feel a little better lol. I was sooooooooooooo worried with my first that it would end in a c-section. And now, I am just as worried lol. But the way I figure it is well even natural labor can end in a c-section. There's a 50/50 chance of that no matter what way you go. Either it will happen or it won't. I know even pregnancy isdifferent though, but I am still hopeful that this induction will go just as smoothly. And all your replies helped :)

kryssiruss
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM

go for it. I was induced on my due date with both my children and didnt have a problem at all.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM

i was induced with both of my pregnancies. my 1st, at 41 weeks. this last one at 39 weeks. i had great experiences with both. as long as you get the epidural right as they are doing the pitocin, it makes it much easier!! i went a little longer without the epidural this past time, and i got a good taste of some stronger contractions! but really, they were both good experiences. with my 1st, i was in labor for 8 hours, pushed for 2. with my  2nd, i was in labor for 8 hrs, pushed for 40 min!!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:10 PM

With my first I was induced after my water had been broken for more than 24 hours and nothing was happening.  My second was a scheduled induction due to him being so big at 38 weeks.  I see nothing wrong with it.  Your baby, your body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)