Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a bad day... a vent

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

My day today was going fairly well. That was until my husband called. He got done with working today and was heading out to a friends apartment. She is selling me a new dining table and chairs, he is picking it up since she lives in Dallas and he is in Fort Worth this weekend working. We live 3 hours from Fort Worth (2 hours from Dallas). I mapquested the directions for him and figured that he would be fine. Well I guess he had a bad day at work today, he can't read directions so I got snipped at about that all evening. Our 2 year old son decided that he wasn't going to listen to me anymore this evening and was going to keep running out the front door when I told him it was time to come inside. So I was frustrated, I wanted to get off the phone with my husband but he just kept talking and snipping at me. Finally I get off the phone with him and my entire night went downhill from there. Before getting off the phone with my husband he decides to tell me that I owe him big for going to pick this table up. I told him that he owes me big for getting a nice cherry wood table with 6 matching chairs(a $700 dining room set) for $75 instead of the set I was looking at on Walmart.com that was I think walnut for $300. So I get off the phone with my husband after he gets pissy with me and tells me that if I don't know the directions to our friends house then he doesn't need to talk to me anymore and he will call me maybe tomorrow. I fight my son to get in the bath and then to wash while in the bath. I then fight my son to get some clothes on and stop chasing the dog around naked. The dog then needs to go out, I need to watch her every second she is outside because she is in heat (I'm making an appointment to spay her on Monday) and I don't want her pregnant. So I stand outside and watch her for 15 minutes, she doesn't go, I let her in, she wants to go right back outside. I let her back out and watched from the window, but had to run out there and shoo away another dog that came up trying to sniff her. She finally did her business after about 30 minutes. During this 30 minutes my son decided to go into my bedroom and unroll the entire ball of yarn that I am crocheting with, mark lipstick all over the mirror on my vanity, the full length mirror in my room and the walls. I am done at this point but as I'm cleaning the mess up my mom calls. She tells me that my uncle is back in the hospital because he has MRSA and it really isn't looking good. She tells me that I might want to think about making a trip to Florida (I'm in Texas) to see him. Now I'm not really close with my uncle but I don't want anything bad to happen to him and I'm very worried now. My friend calls to tell me that she tried to call my husband but he isn't answering and she thinks he should be there by that time so she is going to give him another 30 minutes before sending her husband out to look for him (this was left on voicemail). I go to put my son to bed and he won't lay down until he gets to talk to Dada and say goodnight, so we call my husband. It goes to voicemail, so I leave a message. My son throws a fit and won't leave his dad a message. It takes me another 10 minutes to get him in bed. I finally listen to my voicemail from my friend and call her back. She says he is there now and I said fine, tell him his son really wanted to tell him goodnight. They all just start laughing. I lost it then. I started freaking out yelling at all of them. Hung up on them, haven't heard from my husband yet and that was almost an hour ago. I guess he is pissed because I'm having a horrible night. I'm so stressed out, worried now and frazzled with taking care of a 2 year old all by myself. I need a break.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM

what a night!!!! sounds like you could use a bubble bath and a glass of wine lol

stacy_c05
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Wow ...I'm tired just from reading that and I have 5 kids...So glad I don't have toddlers anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)