Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UR BLACK! UR ON WELFARE!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Oh my jeebus. I went into our nearest Fred Meyeres today because I bought my son a pair of little vans from there, well somewhere in between getting from my house to there I couldn't find my receipt. I had no idea where I put but I know I had it before I left. Well Fred Meyers return policy is you have to id with a return with no reciept. I go in, and try to explain to the lady that I was just in there a few days ago and bought these shoes, I used my fred meyer card would they be able to look it up. Well, I think she thought I said foodstamp card because he next question was.."Did you use your oregon trail to purchase these, because you cant unless you're welfare is on there.." I looked at her with an odd expression and said "excuse me?" she then replied by saying.."Did you use your cash assistance to pay for these, I may be able to look it up by swiping your foodstamp card.." I almost went bizerk. I repeatedly told her I didn't have a foodstamp card, she was either really stupid or just wasnt hearing me. She then proceeds to tell me she can't return them without the reciept, which I know for a fact she can it's in their policy...I tell her to call her manager, when the manager comes she is explaining to her that I used my oregontrail card (foodstamp card) I kept shaking my head then yes I rudely interupted her. I explained to the manager what had happened, and she told her to do the return. Under her breath she said.."well people like you usually have one.." Ok, PEOPLE LIKE ME? Um, ya my mom is more white than she is..jees. I told her I didnt want her to do my return and to tell the manager to do it..she rolled her eyes. I started digging in the bottom of my purse and luckily I found the wadded up reciept. I explained to the manager what she had said under her breath and she kept saying she didn't say that. OH MY GOSH, at this point I was so frusterated I undwadded the reciept and told her.." Look you racist PIG I actually paid CASH...CASH for this...and just so you know, I dont get foodstamps, and I have NEVER recieved public assistance, I work my ass off 40 hours a week.." The manager gave me and email addy to file my complaint against her to big boss. I cant believe that some people can get away with treating others like this....I wanted to punch her in the face....

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Welcome to corporate America. That's shitty and I would have flip a lid there too.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

MyEggoIzPreggo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:56 PM

If I didnt have my six year old, im pretty sure I would've freaked out way more..But im writing a really really lengthy and not so nice letter to her boss.

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

roxy85
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Vans as in shoes right?!? Why would she be asking if you used a damn food stamp card to buy shoes. Did I miss the part in the PA system where you can use your grocery money for clothes? She should be written up and then slapped for her public stupidity...

Rachel315

I'd call the news.... I'd make a huge stink about it!

jeskaM

oh hell no..Make damn sure you get her ass fired

SamiJ18

Well isn't she just the sunshine to your day?

MyEggoIzPreggo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I didnt even think about that. God this lady was so ridiculous, I just wanted to bring in my RED haired, GREEN eyes Irish Momma, to smack her lol. I think you can e-mail our news station too.

Quoting Rachel315:

I'd call the news.... I'd make a huge stink about it!

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

MyEggoIzPreggo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Ya The shoes, thats why im like wtf are you getting foodstamp card? then I put 2+2 together, she was just another racist!

Quoting roxy85:

Vans as in shoes right?!? Why would she be asking if you used a damn food stamp card to buy shoes. Did I miss the part in the PA system where you can use your grocery money for clothes? She should be written up and then slapped for her public stupidity...

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

SamiJ18
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Cash assistance and food stamps are usually on the same card so I could see her asking that.  As for saying "people like you"...well she should have been slapped in the head.

Quoting MyEggoIzPreggo:

Ya The shoes, thats why im like wtf are you getting foodstamp card? then I put 2+2 together, she was just another racist!

Quoting roxy85:

jenn31
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM

wow, what a bitch. I did have a mechanic once asked me if I was going to use my food stamp card to pay for my car repairs. I had the most confused look on my face. Some people are just ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)