Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat Cover...Need Pattern

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone made a cover for your carseat to change the pattern, i have a toddler seat i want to cover but i can't seem to find a good pattern, Anyone made or know who has?? Instructions/pictures...needed please!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers   To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmyMiLo
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:20 PM

The pattern would depend on what carseat it is. I believe everyone who makes the covers makes the pattern themselves by using the cover that they have.

With that said, I honestly don't recommend using a carseat cover that isn't manufactured by the company who made your carseat. Since the cover won't be crash tested you can't guarantee that it will be safe.

amayabrianna
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:22 PM

It is not reccomended to use a CS cover unless it comes from the manufacturer. Try going on their websites and seeing what they have.

Pro-choice.gif Pro choice image by Treehugger30thextended-rear-facing.gif image by MommabunchCopyofFinalcarseatblinkie.gif image by Mommabunch

outofmymind26
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM

i inquired about the same thing once before and received many replies that it is unsafe to add anything to your car seat that did not come with the seat. There are covers out there but they are not going to line up exactly as they should because they will be universal to fit most seats.

you can go to the manufactuers website  and see if they have any laternative seat covers you can buy for your specific car seat.

I really don't know how unsafe these other covers can be but I am never willing to take a chance with my children's safety. Good Luck!

My4Marvels
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Yea i found carseat covers and there 80 bucks and above! All i'm doin is making a cover to lay over the older one how is that unsafe? Its a question no bashing?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers   To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.

gregheather
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Its not safe for a couple of reasons: it voids the warranty on your car seat, the new cover hasn't been crash tested because it add another layer between your child and the car seat and in an accident the cover can compress and the straps will be looser, and all car seat covers are manufactured with flame retardant  - a homemade one will not be flame retardant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)