Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever of 103 for two days

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

She is three years old medicine brings it down but it goes right back up when it wears off.. Should I take her to the ER?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usafwife314
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Have you tried a luke warm bath? Any other symptoms?
janette25
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:14 PM

103 for two days can be dangerous take her to teh er

my son just got rushed to the er becuase his fever wa 103.7 turned out he had an ear infection

sati769leigh
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM

yup any other symptoms? is she getting enough fluids. what is her activity level? my son had been sick with a fever like this that came and went with meds until the course of the illness was over.

if she is uncomfortable i would suggest lukewarm baths like the PP suggested

OwensMama824
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:16 PM

3 days. The doctor always tells me "if it's under 105 don't worry about it unless it lasts longer than 3 days"

Is she noticeably sick... or just the fever? My son had a runny nose and fever, other than that he seemed fine... it was a sinus infection. 

ShadowLark
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM

If it goes down with meds, she should be fine.  It's probably Roseola or something (fever for a few days, then the fever breaks and they get a rash).  ER can't help.  If she's acting weird (lethargic, in pain, etc.) THEN get her checked out.  But if she's being her normal self, kids spike fevers.  No big deal.

JulieMarie21
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:19 PM

if it's just a fever and no other symtoms then could be a uti (bladder infection).  i'd head to the er just in case better safe than sorry.

redheadsmommie
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Their is a bug going around. My dd has it. it will include fever, vomiting and diarrhea. I hope she feels better soon.

KaraThrace
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM

She just coughed up a huge green thick mess.  Twice.  Is that bad?

adri_nevarez
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Is her cough really bad?  Does it sound "chesty"?  Green mucus generally indicates infection.

Quoting KaraThrace:

jothra
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:29 PM

It's probably nasal drainage. She might have a sinus infection. But I've been told that they are no longer going by color, but by duration. I've also been told if the fever is coming down with meds, then wait it out. Are you rotating Motrin and Tylenol? Every 4 hours? But you are the mom, call the ped or take her in if you feel you need to.

Quoting KaraThrace:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)