Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the movies on a date with myself

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

i'm going to see alice in wonderland. if you have seen it is it any good? and would you go to the movies by yourself or is that weird?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:52 PM

my boyfriend said that the movie is really good.. def not a "kid" movie tho. i'd go to the movies by myself.. but sadly, i cant get away from DS! lol

Shaye_e
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I always felt uncomfortable going by myself. Then my hubby got deployed to Iraq for 15 months. I always felt like people would look at me and wonder why I was alone. I eventually got over that and still go see "chick flicks" by myself, even though hubby is back home. Sometimes you just have to get out of the house and if nobody is able to go with you, enjoy the movie!

Rachael420
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I really like going to movies by myself.  If my son has been especially toddler like that day and I really need to get away from him for a bit, it's great to leave him with dh for a couple hours and have some nice quiet alone time.  It is nice to go with friends and/or dh as well, but sometimes you just need the time alone.

Shannonrae742
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I always go to the movies by myself. I like the quiet time to myself. I will go out to lunch and then catch a movie. Sometimes, afterwards, I will leave and stop and have a drink by myself. I have no problem flying solo.

vettechmom88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM

i LOVE going to the movies by myself! every year, when our theatre has the best picture showcase at Oscar time, i go alone. they play all of the best picture nominees back to back (this year it was 2 saturdays in a row, since there were 10 movies instead of just 5), and its a wonderful break from everything!

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

embarrassed
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I haven't seen it - but 2 weeks ago I went on a date with myself to the movies.  I saw Shutter Island - on a Friday night - by myself and it was great!

Have fun!!

katiegirl
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I go to the movies by myself ALL the time. About 98% of the time I go by myself. I love it, plus the movies I like to watch(horror, thriller) none of my friends or family like. I'm not interested in Alice in Wonderland at all.

MelonballBounce
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I have wanted to see a movie by myself for like a year, lol. 

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I would never go by myself. You're braver than I am!

alwaysjoart
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM

i loved the movie! going by myself wasnt so bad but i did feel a little uncomfortable at first. i got over it though and i plan on going to watch another movie in a few weeks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)