Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your income has been reduced to 1100 a month...can you make it?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 65 Replies

I don't mean with your current standard of living....

Could you live on 1100 monthly with no assistance BY YOURSELF. NOT including spouse and kids....

just curious. How would you do it? Where would you live? How would you have money left to eat? Be creative.

by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Nope.

Have a baby? Come join the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM

nope that alone is my rent.... maybe if i moved to the ghettos

NESmith63
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM

not a chance! That would barely pay our rent. We need a minimum of $4500 to live and we bring in around $6k

modaddict17
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM

No that would not even cover rent and utilities let alone any debt or groceries.

ashmac03
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Living in CA there is absolutely no way.

JasonsMom2007

Nope, my mortgage is more than that!  There's nowhere around here to live for that price.

Well, come to think of it hubby and I used to live on $1600/month so maybe I could but I doubt I could get a house to rent for $400 anymore (it belonged to family) and there is NO WAY I would live in that creapy, haunted, FREEZING house alone anyways!

cinemagirl

No spouse, no kids, no current debt, no current mortgage sure. Realistically no way, mortgage is way more than that.

Cavalrybaby02
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Of course.

If I was single, I would get an apartment or house with rommates.  Have the lowest possible rent I could... maybe $200 or so.  And then make a small car payment around $150-$200 and buy food for myself, split that between roommates too, so I'm only paying like $100 per month on food.  On $1,100 I could do very well if I was single.

BigMamaHeidi
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Yes. I am not afraid of being homeless. I've lived on the street before.

All sarcasm aside, yes. Even after paying child support. If I had to, I'd move back in with my dad, or if need be, yes, I'd live in my car (and still pay the insurance on it).

I have had 4 pregnancies. I have only 1 living child, and he lives far away from me. I have had 2 miscarriages and a baby girl who died of SIDS at 16 days old. It would be entirely too easy for me to be angry with the world, angry with myself, angry with God---whatever God may be. Sometimes I do wonder if there is such a thing as "karma", and what I must have done to disrupt the ebb and flow. Sometimes I do wonder why God seems like a cruel child holding a magnifying glass over an ant hill. Then I stop and realize "it is what it is", and my children must have a bigger purpose in this universe than to pet my emotions with their physical presence.

---Heidi A. Durst Barbusi

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

De_Chick
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Yes. If I didn't have hubs and kids I would rent a cheap apartment somewhere and still be able to make it. If I had hubs and the kids I would apply for section 8 housing and still make it somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)