Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

70 degrees and a jacket?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM
  • 53 Replies

Would u put a jacket on your child if it was 70 degrees out?

It will be 70 tommorow and the next day and my mom seems to think my DS will need his WINTER coat if I take him for a stroll. I think he will just need a nice long sleeved shirt and a spring jacket over it.

What do u ladies think? He also has a warm gray hoodie that zips in front I can put on him over his shirt but under a jacket.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM

use your best judgement.....

Soriano
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I am putting a light jacket on my DS and it is 68 here today

Have you felt abused or controlled in any way?  Need information on it?  Follow me to Fallen Angels.  Here, you will get the information and support you need without the pressure of having your profile checked.  You wouldn't be looking for groups if you didn't need help or information.  Your groups and friends are your business as long as there is no drama or trouble.  Those who just want to support others are welcome as well.

becky0899
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I would say what you're putting on him will be fine...Imo a winter jacket will be to much.

OneToughMami
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:41 AM

My daughter went to school in a hoodie. My neighbor's kids went in winter coats. *shrugs* It's your choice?

cypris420
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Where are you from?  That makes me chuckle even thinking about a coat in 70 degree weather.  That's tshirt and short weather here.  It was mid 50's here yesterday and we were quite comfortable in sweatshirts.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Wow my kids went out yesterday in sweats and light jacket in low 60s.

sassired8
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM

OMG!!!!!  I try not to come out of the house in the 50's!!!! And at 70 I still have a jacket on...Not a heavy winter one but a jacket.....I'm originally from FL so that explains me being so warm natured!!! :D

Quoting cypris420:

Where are you from?  That makes me chuckle even thinking about a coat in 70 degree weather.  That's tshirt and short weather here.  It was mid 50's here yesterday and we were quite comfortable in sweatshirts.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Quoting cypris420:

I am from Ohio. I know even in like 50 or 60 degree weather I get hot walking around in a coat so I just wear a light jacket. DS would be in his stroller and I think it's a bit ridiculous she seems to think he needs his winter coat on.

CafeMom Tickers
RiNKeasMom
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Wow where are you from the 70 is jacket weather, LOL. If its 70 here my kids run around in short-sleeves and jeans.

momto4boys03-07
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I have always been told dress your kids how you would dress.   if your wearing  a winter coat then he should. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN