Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sick and tired of my downstairs neighbors!!!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 57 Replies

omg, im so tired of it!!!! when you live in an apt, you expect to here a certain amount of noise from neighbors... specially if your downstairs!!!!

you come up and play the 'im going to deploy card' to try and 'guilt' me into keeping my kids even quieter then i have been trying to(cause you say were too loud)..... ok, well, i know deployments, im an army wife too ya know! ive been threw deployments, so... low blow there...

i just found out im prego, and im puttin gmyself threw so much stress trying to keep my kids from making 'excisive noise' for the neighbors

so, what does this mean? well, aparently my kids walk to loud, play to loud, put away toys to loud...

so im sitting here, stressing over every 'trip', when they forget and run(4 and 2 btw), wheni have them put away there toys..... im afraid to vaccum, do laundry, run the dishwasher... im afraid to say no to my kids, cause they would throw a fit and stomp, and 'bother' our neighbors.... im afraid to put them in time out for the same reasons... i cant be out of the hosue all day, its snowing, so no park or anything.....

this is just stupid!!!! this is the first time we have lived upstairs sence ive had kids, for this exact reason!!!! my kids should be able to be kids!!! so ya, ive delt with upstairs neighbors for some time now.... i expect noise, music, whatever during the day... and i deal with it.... we have collage kids next and abouve us right now, and we deal with it.... its part of living in an apt... IF YOU DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH HAVING UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS, GET A DAMN HOUSE

im done... im not risking my unborn babies life for your 'peice and quiet'... ill do what i can, i already do... its not like i allow them to jump off the couch(they they still do sometimes, they get in trouble)but im not going to make them sit still all weekend.. you want that kind of quiet, get your own damn house... or move upstairs

EDIT.... with or without kids, i think these neighbors would complain about the noise.. they have one toddler, and one 9 month old....

sometimes, i wonder if they here my nextdoor neighbors more then me, as THEY pound a lot on the flor, lol

as of may

treadmilljumping ropescrapbooking

by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM

if they wanted absolute quiet they shouldn't live in an apt...and they damn sure shouldn't live downstairs. I'm not saying stomp around like you are 500lb but there is going to be noise. do not be afraid to do everyday things.

isra1986
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I had a neighbor like that. Called the cops on us a few times because DD was learning to stand and walk and would fall on her butt! And she cried too loud as a newborn!
I hated it! And I am glad we moved because DD is a runner and I can only imagine what would be said and done if we were still there! Lol!
Sorry you are going through this!

Chrystal_A
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Wow that sucks!Can you ask to move down stairs?I know I live in a large complex and so I wouldnt have to wait long to move.I REALLY thought this post would be about you downstairs neighbors being too loud,I opened it because I care about my neighbors and I thought if you could hear your downstairs neighbors then maybe my upstairs neighbors could hear me and I need to be quiet -but not the case at all!I never hear the neighbors above us I hear a vaccume ,thier bird (which i admit is annoying) or thier new pup-but usually hes not an issue because hes not left alone much.

2love
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I used to have a neighbor like that.So I started to pretend I couldn't hear the kids walkin.I got so angry one time I decided they could run.Let them children have fun!!Let em run,cuz apparently the downstairs neighbors dont realise they have nothing to do but listen to what happens in your house.

ariesp19
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:28 PM

this is what im saying.... i shold not be stressing over keeping my kids from being kids so that they can have the 'perfect' weekend... im cramping, and lightly spotting, and im done...... i have been doing my best, but im done

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

if they wanted absolute quiet they shouldn't live in an apt...and they damn sure shouldn't live downstairs. I'm not saying stomp around like you are 500lb but there is going to be noise. do not be afraid to do everyday things.

as of may

chrystal458
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:28 PM

what dose deploying have to do with wanting quite? do they really think that if they deploy it will be quite when they try to sleep. i hated living upstairs and soon enough gave up to i mean come on kids move deal with it.

mommymandaleigh
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Oh hell. They really need to get over it. You should not feel guilty and don't put any stress on yourself for these morons. If they don't like it then they need to A) move or B) request to put in an upstairs apt.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

We had our downstairs neighbor call the cops because my daughter was running the apartment and she couldn't sleep......It was 11:00am on Saturday and my daughter was 2.  Give me a break.  Oh, and I know she didn't work the night before or something.  They were up all hours of the night partying.  I was so glad to get out of there.

Quoting isra1986:

I had a neighbor like that. Called the cops on us a few times because DD was learning to stand and walk and would fall on her butt! And she cried too loud as a newborn!
I hated it! And I am glad we moved because DD is a runner and I can only imagine what would be said and done if we were still there! Lol!
Sorry you are going through this!

ariesp19
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

my last neighbors said they rarly heard anything from us.. yet these guys seem to nit pick everything..

no point in moving downstairs, were moving to alaska soon...

Quoting Chrystal_A:

Wow that sucks!Can you ask to move down stairs?I know I live in a large complex and so I wouldnt have to wait long to move.I REALLY thought this post would be about you downstairs neighbors being too loud,I opened it because I care about my neighbors and I thought if you could hear your downstairs neighbors then maybe my upstairs neighbors could hear me and I need to be quiet -but not the case at all!I never hear the neighbors above us I hear a vaccume ,thier bird (which i admit is annoying) or thier new pup-but usually hes not an issue because hes not left alone much.

as of may

ladypyro
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM

wow skrew them! let you kids run all they want, the police cant arrest you because your kids are loud.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN