Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OK CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME????

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm trying to add my playlist to my page and I can't figure out how to do it.  It is from project playlist, I'm copying the code that it gives me but then when I come back to Cafe Mom I can't figure out where the heck to paste it.  Please help!!!!!
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Julieann526
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:20 PM
I think if you click on add a widget you can paste it under the widget there.  I hope this helps.

dolphinfanatic
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:28 PM
I am glad you asked that  question im Having the same trouble but with every thing .
BigMomma16
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:33 PM
OK this is what you do.....
Once you have your play list, first thing you do is click on select all before you click copy. Then place the code in the box. It should take only 1-2 minutes to set up. If you are still having trouble, just let me know...........
Sent with Respect.......................BigMomma16
NEONPEARL
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM
Hey, there is a group on cafemom called 'Profile Perfection' they can help you lots of things
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Oct. 5, 2007 at 3:16 PM
You will need to add a widget:

To add a widget to your homepage (or your profile page  - it works the same way), click the "Add a widget" button that is underneath your profile picture on your homepage.

You'll get to the "Widget Directory" which is a list of all of the widgets that CafeMom has right now (we'll be adding lots more). Pick the category that you are interested in (music in your case), and then look through the different ones available in that category. Choose the one you want and click the "Learn More" button (Project Playlist should be the second one on the list).

Then you can read about the widget and see a sample of what it might look like. Click the "Add this widget" button if you are ready to start setting it up.

For widgets that are from other sites, you will now go to a page that has directions about how to set the widget up. Most of these aren't hard, but they are a lot of steps. The directions will have a link to the other site that you can click on, and a new browser window or tab will open up.

On the other site, follow the directions that that offer (as well as our directions in the other window), and then when you are done, the other site should give you some HTML code that you can use on CafeMom. The CafeMom directions will tell you exactly which code to take from the other site, and once you've copied the code, just paste it into the "Paste Code Here" box that is at the bottom of the directions page on CafeMom.

Then you can just name your widget, set privacy options, and control which pages you want the widget to appear on, and it's all set up!

A good way to start is to try a glitter text or ticker widget, which are "easy" and quick to do. Videos, photos, slideshows and other widgets can take longer and are a bit more complex.

\The CafeMom Team
rktmb20fan
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 3:20 PM
If you figure out how to get the widgets to work, let me know. These past few days I have been trying to add a new widget, but it keeps giving me an error, saying that the code is incorrect... but it's the code that lillipie or any of the other websites keep giving... so how can the code be wrong. I have tried SEVERAL times... still get the same error!
Robin
by Group Admin on Oct. 5, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Quoting rktmb20fan:

If you figure out how to get the widgets to work, let me know. These past few days I have been trying to add a new widget, but it keeps giving me an error, saying that the code is incorrect... but it's the code that lillipie or any of the other websites keep giving... so how can the code be wrong. I have tried SEVERAL times... still get the same error!

Hi,

Anytime you have a question, problem, or suggestion for The CafeMom Team, click on the "Contact Us" link (at the very bottom of every page). 

They will help you!

Robin
Crafty26
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting CafeMom Team:

You will need to add a widget:

To add a widget to your homepage (or your profile page  - it works the same way), click the "Add a widget" button that is underneath your profile picture on your homepage.

You'll get to the "Widget Directory" which is a list of all of the widgets that CafeMom has right now (we'll be adding lots more). Pick the category that you are interested in (music in your case), and then look through the different ones available in that category. Choose the one you want and click the "Learn More" button (Project Playlist should be the second one on the list).

Then you can read about the widget and see a sample of what it might look like. Click the "Add this widget" button if you are ready to start setting it up.

For widgets that are from other sites, you will now go to a page that has directions about how to set the widget up. Most of these aren't hard, but they are a lot of steps. The directions will have a link to the other site that you can click on, and a new browser window or tab will open up.

On the other site, follow the directions that that offer (as well as our directions in the other window), and then when you are done, the other site should give you some HTML code that you can use on CafeMom. The CafeMom directions will tell you exactly which code to take from the other site, and once you've copied the code, just paste it into the "Paste Code Here" box that is at the bottom of the directions page on CafeMom.

Then you can just name your widget, set privacy options, and control which pages you want the widget to appear on, and it's all set up!

A good way to start is to try a glitter text or ticker widget, which are "easy" and quick to do. Videos, photos, slideshows and other widgets can take longer and are a bit more complex.

\The CafeMom Team

Is this widget available again???? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)