Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone know how this works? (Military question about agent card)

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

My SO is in the Air Force. And he is just that, my significant other. We are not married yet, but we have an (almost) 3 year old son together. I dont want to go into reasons on why we arent married, we arent and I think thats all the info that needs to be given. We live together, we just arent married.

Anyway, shortly after I moved up here they gave me an agent card so I can shop at the commissary/BX for my son's needs because SO is traveling so often (at least once a month he leaves for a week or more). So the agent card eventually expires. We go to get a new one and they say I can only have one if he is deploying. Which is crap (IMO) he's gone all the time, if my son has the priviledges (which they ARE on his ID card) then I think he should be able to use them. If not, whats the point?

Well fast forward till now. We tried several times to get another one and they kept telling us no. Well SO is deploying soon, less than a month and we go in & say he's deploying, you said when I deploy she can have an agent card. The lady (who is older & I think hates us because we arent married and have a child out of wedlock) tells us there is a note on our file not to re-issue a card. When we ask why she cant give us an answer. Then she goes on to say that her file shows no record of our son ever having an ID card, which is crap. He's had one since he was 4 months old and he just got a new one a couple weeks ago. Then she goes on to say she has no file of us ever having an agent card (which again is crap because I still have the old one, why would we make this up??) and that we "should have gone to the legal office to get a Power of Attourney", which we did and it doesnt expire until Jan 2011, AND they DID have a copy.

I mean, does this sound like she is being prejudiced towards us? She has all the documentation that she needs, we meet all the requirements, yet she refuses to give us one. We are just trying to figure out if she's really just doing her job or if we need to go higher up on the chain of command. SO said he can get a few of his higher up guys to talk to them and get me one but I just think its so rediculous. If this woman is going to be prejudiced against every airman that walks into her office that isnt married then she doesnt need to be working there, IMO.

What are your thoughts? Do you know anything about this and if you do, is she right?

by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

If you dont know can you please bump it. Thanks. :)

highbridgemom
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I don't know, but here's a bump.

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I'm not sure, but if you meet all the requirements and she has all the documentation she needs and still isn't giving you an agent card I would go to her higher ups. The worst that will happen is they will tell you that you aren't eligible for an agent card.

themacs4
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I don't know, so here's a bump.  I didn't realize anyone other than a spouse or dependent could get an ID card.

gmswife
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I would go higher up.

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

She should have a supervisor or boss...  Try talking to them.  Or have your SO talk to someone in his command and see if they can help you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

alexhuntercody
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM

the military is screwy sometimes. So while you have the information there they may have (and probably did) lose it on their end. It happens all the time. They are the most unorganized orginization i have ever met. They have lost our tricare information, we didn't get active pay for 3 months after DH went active..it was ridiculous.

So anyway if it really truly shows on her end that stuff then she can't do anything about it until your DH corrects it. Trust me it more than likely happened that way.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Quoting alexhuntercody:

the military is screwy sometimes. So while you have the information there they may have (and probably did) lose it on their end. It happens all the time. They are the most unorganized orginization i have ever met. They have lost our tricare information, we didn't get active pay for 3 months after DH went active..it was ridiculous.

So anyway if it really truly shows on her end that stuff then she can't do anything about it until your DH corrects it. Trust me it more than likely happened that way.

No, she HAD the paperwork in her hands. I SAW our POA and there was a stack o fother papers in our file. Why would we even have a file with her if we never had a card before? I just think she didnt want to give us the card and was trying to screw us over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN