Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another PA question

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

I saw a question in another post about whether or not food stamps was welfare.  My question is wheether or not medicaid for pregnant women is welfare as well?

What exactly is welfare?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
--Nicole--
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

To me welfare means anything the govt is paying for. FS, medical, WIC, housing, etc etc

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

alexhuntercody
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

yes. its welfare. But to me anything the government gives a person that is strictly income based is welfare.

so to me that would also include things like

EIC

pell grants

wic

shecallsmemom04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

of course it's welfare.  

if someone else is paying for it, it's welfare. 

will fight for animals

aubrees_mommie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Well with food assistance people ONLY get food with their ebt it can't pay for anything but food. Welfare is an amount of money the government gives people to live off of, used to pay rent, bills and things to that extent

If you are collecting child support and the payer ever falls behind and you are on welfare, YOU do NOT get the back child support. It goes to the state. If you are on WIC or food stamps, you would get the back support but only if you are not on welfare. Some other government programs apply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)