• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS this normal?? shots?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son got his shots today and he slept from about 4 to almost 9 tonight i woke him up after calling the doctor and they said to watch him and if he was lethargic to take him to the ER.. well he woke up and played and was awake for about 45 minuts and now he is back asleep.. should i take him to the ER or do you think since he woke up and was fine is is ok?? He didnt seem to be sleepy when he was awake but i just gave him his bottle and put him in the swing and he went right back to sleep!! aahh i dont know what to do!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
b_rod
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

My kids both slept all day when they got their shots. Just keep an eye on him to be safe.

monkeysmom21006
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Call his doctor, see what they say. He's probably fine, but just to be on the safe side..

Mommyof2n13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

my kids slept for a couple of days...off and on ofcourse.... i think its normal...BUT if you think something is wrong it is better to be safe than sorry!!!

stpalmsgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

It is said to be normal that kids get sleepy after their shots, I'd still watch him very close and check his breathing regularly while he's sleeping.

ERNAProud
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I think it is normal because some shots will make them just a little sick...kids do normally sleep when they are sick. But, I would keep a close eye on him and if he is still looking really tired tomorrow then I would be concerned.

aubreyluv
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

He has heart problems so thats why i am worried.. the docs said to take him in if he is still lathargic but he seemed fine for about 45 minutes.. so i dont know.. im on the phone with the doctor again.. so we will see i live about 30 minutes away from the hospital so if i need to go i need to go now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)