Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just curious...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 4 Replies

ok so this is related to my last post about my friend..

If you were friends with a couple, pretty good friends with both husband and wife, so you hear quiet a bit of what  goes on with thier lives. all you hear from her is b*tch after b*tch about the husband. stuff that is completely nonsence. from not getting a card after getting flowers and a nice dinner for an anniversary to saying the husband is making her fat bc he bought her something she liked to snack on when she was feeling blue. her telling you almost on a daily basis that she doesnt think he loves her that he doesnt want her anymore to she thinks he is just waiting for something better. she complains that her dh never spends any time with her but he is always home with her. she calls and checks up on him constantly and whn he doesnt answer his phone she starts calling alll of his friends and relatives till she finds him. if he does something for her its not good enoughif he does nothing she complains he doesnt do anything..

my question is this how would you deal with this? being that you hear it all and are friends with both would you say something to her as to grow up or lighten up? or say nothing at all? im just curious.. i just hate seeing their marriage suffer bc she is sooo selfish and soo high maintence and he is just soo laid back.

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BonitaM
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Yeah, I couldn't be friends with someone like that.  It would get on my nervers.  However, I would suggest marriage counselling or something....sounds like she's having confidence issues or something.  Like she knows her husbands really great and doesn't get why he's sticking around?  IDK but good luck

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

if you cannot b**ch to your friends then who can you b**ch to?  Sometimes she is just aggravated at that moment and sometimes she is not mentioning the real problem.  Maybe he is all those things.  Just because he is home does not mean he is with her.  Maybe he has cheated on her and that is why she gets concerned when he doesnt answer his phone or she just worries he is in an accident, etc.  You do not know the WHOLE story, just the complaint at that moment, so it is best to just be there to listen.

lich663
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I would slowly back away from the friendship and keep a huge distance between us. I've done it before to people who were so negative like that.

Case07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Quoting BonitaM:

Yeah, I couldn't be friends with someone like that.  It would get on my nervers.  However, I would suggest marriage counselling or something....sounds like she's having confidence issues or something.  Like she knows her husbands really great and doesn't get why he's sticking around?  IDK but good luck

she drives me nuts but i dont feel like i can end the friendship bc i am really good friends with the dh too and i dont want to end it and then not be able to be friends with him..  it just sux.. the sad part is they have only been married for a year..

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)