• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laundry divas I need you!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ok, so usually I'm good at getting stains out of clothes...but Crayon has me stumped! Does anyone have a trick for getting crayon out (PLEASE)??!!  Thanx

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof525
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

:)

Momma_Love
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I have no idea.. Here is a bump!

Ohh have you tried the new tide stain lifter thing?  You add it to your wash load with your normal laundry soap?

momof525
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:25 AM

I haven't tried that.. maybe I will. Crayon is a really hard stain though.

Dvlshly_Sweet
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I have heard add a lil white vinager to your soap and works like a charm on almost anything. Can't hurt to try! good luck!

tallison1041
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:28 AM

iron out the wax with a dry iron& news paper, put a towel between the paper& iron so you don't ruin it. then you can just work on the remaining color stain. don't get your hopes up if it is red though. good luck!

mrsjedwards
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:28 AM

omg my neighbor was telling me about something! let me think til i remember what it was. it was some kind of oil or grease and all i could ask  was if it made a grease stain?  because id rather have the crayon... hmmmm

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Tide and oxyclean wash in hot water works and also Simple Green and hot water.  GL

BuggersMom05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I use to get this stuff from walmart...it was a little yellow bottle (about the size of the Jet Dry Dishwasher Stuff) it was called Red Devil.  It was in the laundry isle by the dye bottles. 

I don't know if they still have it but if they do...they have ones for everything...gum, oil, pen, and crayons.  It worked great when I used te one made for pen.

Rileymother
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM

don't know but you should start buying to new stain free crayon i have them for my 2yr old

tallison1041
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM

oh yes!!! i forgot all about stain devils! they work for EVERYTHING!

Quoting BuggersMom05:

I use to get this stuff from walmart...it was a little yellow bottle (about the size of the Jet Dry Dishwasher Stuff) it was called Red Devil.  It was in the laundry isle by the dye bottles. 

I don't know if they still have it but if they do...they have ones for everything...gum, oil, pen, and crayons.  It worked great when I used te one made for pen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)