Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? Seriously? *VENT*

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

A couple days ago my DH's grandma's brother (would make him great-uncle) passed away. We were informed of it by and email from my FIL (grandma's son). Sooo DH called Grandma for obvious reasons, Grandma told him funeral was going to be either Thursday or Friday. Today DH tries calling Grandma and couldn't get ahold of her, so DH calls his dad and his dad answers. FIL says that he was on his way home from uncles funeral!!!! ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS!!!!! Turns out FIL was even a pall-bearer!!!!! WTH DIDN'T WE GET TO KNOW ABOUT THE FUNERAL???? I am so hurt by this. I can only imagine what DH is going through! I just don't understand why we weren't informed. When we found out we started to see if we could get off of work to attend the funeral and what-not. UGH... I am just at a loss....

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
schunmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Bump... I just don't know what I should do... I just want to tell FIL to screw off because I feel its in a parents "duties" (lack of better term) to make sure they know of family matters. This isn't the first time FIL has slacked. He hasn't done anything for my bday (call, card, nothing) Didn't get his only granddaughter anything for her 2nd bday.... I just want to tell DH I am done with FIL but that would hurt DH too much so I guess I am not going to put anymore effort into having a relationship with FIL. The only way he will see me or my kids is if he puts the effort in or DH suggests it. FIL has done so much crap its crazy! DH and I are always making the first effort and it is getting way old!

MamaSusieQ045
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM

im so sorry mama. i would be really upset to. did you ask your fil why he didnt feel like it was important to tell you when the funeral was?

schunmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Thank you. I haven't talked to him. I don't really want to talk to him. I honestly just want him out of mine and my family's lives. He has just done so much stuff that it is unbelievable. DH was the one who talked to him after the fact. It really just makes me sick. I guess we aren't important enough to get to say our goodbyes.... :(

Quoting MamaSusieQ045:

im so sorry mama. i would be really upset to. did you ask your fil why he didnt feel like it was important to tell you when the funeral was?

babybee2007
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I'm really sorry, that's so sad you weren't able to be there :-(

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared...
Expecting our baby girl in June!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (S3lk)

If you like photography, art projects, design, and good food...
Check out my blog: Imaginative Mommy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)