Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working moms

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

do you work during the day or overnights? i'm looking for a job and i will have to work over nights if you work over night how do you deal with the kids during the day when your tried and want to go to sleep but cant???

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

i have worked over night for 5+ years.  It worked out really well for me because I do not sleep much anyway.  It was fine until I got pregnant again and just got exhausted with the pregnancy.  I put her in part-time daycare when she turned 27 months but prior to, I slept when she napped and possibly when she drops that nap, she may have to go full-time but I have not crossed that bridge yet.  Also if they are not so mischievous, sometimes they can play by themselves a bit while you nap, which sometimes my daughter does not wake me up when she gets up and I just follow the trail of toys.

It can be difficult if you are someone who loves to sleep or have difficulty sleeping in the day (I use black out shades and sometimes a sleep mask) or cannot function with little sleep as in 5 to 6 hours rather than 8 hours.  Sometimes I nap 2 and then 3.5 hrs total for the day.  For me, it was worth it because I did not miss a single milestone of her life.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:18 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)