• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you expect gifts for your kids' first birthdays?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you expect your family (parents, brothers, sisters) to get your child a present on their first birthday?  Would you be upset if they didn't?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ohiomomto2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Of course I do.  It doesn't have to be big, or fancy, maybe just a toy, but just because they don't realize that it's a special day doesn't mean that they don't deserve something!

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM

yes and yes-ish depending on their financial status but it could be homemade and be fine with me.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Yes I do. Every child deserves to be celebrated when they reach certain milestones, and a first bday is certainly one of them.

BonitaM
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Absolutely.  I'd be crushed if they didn't get my baby something.

reecenkaden

My son is 3 and has received exactly 1 birthday gift from someone other than family in 3 years. Nothing from his own father. EVER. Not even Christmas.

momof525

I never expect  a gift- for any reason. But if people get a gift (which they usually do) then thats fine.

Drippiningirls
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I don't expect anyone to give them gifts.  But if you're going to, 1st birthday's definately count!

shecallsmemom04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

no, i do not expect anyone to get gifts for any of my children.  all i expect them to do is come to the party and share the love of family.  material crap is really unnecessary, family time is most important.  gifts are not a given.

will fight for animals

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I will never expect them to get my kids presents. And it wouldn't upset me if they don't.

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Absolutely. I would be upset if they didnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)