Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me..i am so panicky..quick..update.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  • 28 Replies

My son has been dealing with his asthma ALL day today..it was just a cough. well within the last half hour he started makign this uhh noise in his sleep. i went in there and his stomach was moving so fast. i took his shirt off and his stomach gets really big. i counted his resps and they are around 35-40. I gave a breathing treatment then and it really didn't do much so i called the doctor who called me back and said to give another one.

so he is hooked up and i'm freaking out. Should i just go to the ER? I  mean he looks so red and bad.

i told her this but she still wants me to do another treatment. I am scared. talk to me while i wait. She is going to call me back in 30 minutes.

screw it i'm going. He is so damn red and his  chest is still moving really funny. I don't care i'm out. i'll update tomorrow. or whenever i get back. thanks for trying to keep me calm.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BuggersMom05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Aww....Sorry!  Whether they call or not...if you feel you need to go...then GO.  It's hard for them to say so over the phone or not...they can't see him and rely on what you describe...which can be misinterpreted.  Don't mean to freak you out more...I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH ASTHMA....but if you feel you need to go...then better safe than sorry.

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM

I would trust your own judgment and go to the ER NOW.

sdbrew4evr
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM

I am sorry that your little guy is going through this I know how you feel my youngest daughter does it too and it is scary...hope he gets to feeling better and I say if he isn't any better after the treatment I would take him to the er..

ss1436
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I have asthma, and whenever I take a nebulizer treatment, it normally takes a little while to completely help. Hang in there mama. 

my2stinkyboys
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM

You have been dealing with this all day  GO TO THE E.R... NOW.. his little body has been through enough.. i feel your pain.. let us know what happends please.

alexhuntercody
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Quoting futureshock:

I would trust your own judgment and go to the ER NOW.

the thing is my judgement is so wrong when it comes to this. I freak out easily.

alexhuntercody
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Quoting my2stinkyboys:

You have been dealing with this all day  GO TO THE E.R... NOW.. his little body has been through enough.. i feel your pain.. let us know what happends please.

yes and i called his doctor several times today. it was just a cough up until recently though.

mrs.phillips123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM

after ten more min if you still feel like you need to go in, go in. its better to be safe than sorry.

how old is your little guy, whats his name?

im trying to help distract you lol

ss1436
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM

oh, I missed the part of your post where you said that it has been happening all day. In that case I would take him now! Just to be on the safe side.

alexhuntercody
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

after ten more min if you still feel like you need to go in, go in. its better to be safe than sorry.

how old is your little guy, whats his name?

im trying to help distract you lol

hunter and he is 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)