Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoption poll

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you?

Options:

Yes I'd think less of her

No I would not

Other - please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Without knowing the circumstances, just upon hearing a woman gave a child up for adoption, would you think less of her or judge her negatively?

If you dont care to comment, please just vote and bump...thanks! :)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ToraMay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Nope

2gud2btrue

bump!

mommyto2b1g87

No, my twin brother and I were adopted.  We would have had horrible lives if our birth mother had kept us.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:28 AM

if she's giving her child up for adoption at least she's giving her child a chance and not aborting.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM

no i would not think badly of her giving up a child is a heart wrenching decision and im sure that there are good reasons to do so .i think its a selfless act

Jmill907
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:43 AM

I would almost think more of her.  I think it would be one of the most difficult things ever to carry a baby for 9 months, give birth to it, and then give it away.  That is a strength that I don't think I could ever have.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM

As an adoptive mother there is no way I could ever think less of a first mom... She deals with an incredible loss every single day while I have the joy of raising our daughter. It hits me so very much every year about this time.

My dd is adopted from China and her 3 year family day is in 2 days. I pray for her first family every day that they have some peace that our dd is safe and loved. I cannot imagine the grief that first moms feel all of the time. It is very humbling for me... I've lost a child, adopted a child and given birth to a 3rd child and I know how I've felt about all 3 of my girls...It must be very difficult for Lilly's first mom to have no idea whether our dd is alive or not....sigh...

Claire

southernjess3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM

it depends..some women dont give the baby up....they get taken away...so it honestly depends on the woman and what i think of her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)