Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running away from baby daddy!!!!!HELP

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM
  • 47 Replies

Hi laadies. I have a question that dont know where to look for the answer. My cousin is 20 years old and has a 8 months old dd she lives in New York with her parents and close to her baby daddy, they have been having problems and lately she has been wanting to try it out here in Texas here with me where i have a room to offer and a car for her convinience. About a month ago she called me crying wanting to get her a cheap ticket asap but then she changed her mind only because her baby daddy threaten her to take her to court for taking baby out of state. My question is how can she move out of state with out him being able to take her to court or take baby away?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:46 AM

i'm not postive but i think he can bring kid napping charges if she leaves the state with the baby with out him saying its ok

evanne337
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:47 AM

she might have to get a lawyer.

Search & Win

2gud2btrue
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:49 AM

she needs to check the guidelines with friend of the court.  usually they have to give permission.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:49 AM

yep true you should read my journals op ive been in a similar situation

Quoting kcook55:

i'm not postive but i think he can bring kid napping charges if she leaves the state with the baby with out him saying its ok

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:52 AM

she needs to get his permission and inform him in writing within 90 days of the move where she will be staying what she will do with the child as far as daycare and any contact issues ...she cant just run without getting parental kidnapping charges

BVarga
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Every state has their own rules, But she should be able to leave state BEFORE he files anything;. Once he files, and if she is not gone, She is screwed.  Also depending on the state if they are not married and have not gone to court (either of them) and filed for custody, then he can can also do the same thing... So she should consult with an attorney.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM

i have done it but 1 its was a HUGE safety issue for my kids and 2 he wasn't on dd birth cert.

its a long story but the cops wouldn't help me cuz of who her father is.

Quoting babie113:

yep true you should read my journals op ive been in a similar situation

Quoting kcook55:

mstricey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM

not the op but what if the dad isn't on the birth certificate? Does that matter? My cousin is in the same exact situation wanting to move with me to indiana from michigan

Quoting babie113:

she needs to get his permission and inform him in writing within 90 days of the move where she will be staying what she will do with the child as far as daycare and any contact issues ...she cant just run without getting parental kidnapping charges

babybratnc
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM

she cant with out his permission or the courts.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:00 AM

was there a dna test done???

Quoting mstricey:

not the op but what if the dad isn't on the birth certificate? Does that matter? My cousin is in the same exact situation wanting to move with me to indiana from michigan

Quoting babie113:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)