Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM v working moms

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM
  • 25 Replies

since these are usually (from what i see) negative posts, i thought maybe we could try something different. 

if you are a SAHM, what do you miss or envy about working?

if you working mom, what do you miss or envy about being able to stay home with the kids?

ground rules - keep it positive.  no comments about "i miss letting others raise my kids" or "i miss getting to be lazy at home all day."  these kinds of comments are insulting and we all know the other side is going to take them wrong...because they are insulting. 

so...all the "whats for dinner posts" make me miss cooking.  i used to love to cook....still do but i dont have near the time for it now.  i'm a single mom...dont get home until around 6:30 and dont have the time to spend hours preparing a perfect meal.  i see "i made bacon wrapped pork filet with....." and it makes my soup and grilled cheese sandwiches look like peasant food lol.  i wish i had more time to cook grand meals and experiment with new recipes.

what do you miss or envy about "the other side?"

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookieMama13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:39 AM

i miss having my own money but other than that i LOOOOVE being a sahm

angieluvsolivia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:40 AM

I miss having conversations with someone over 3 years old!!  I miss breaks and lunches!!  I miss having contact with all the people, I feel more secluded as a SAHM.  Don't get me wrong it has it's rewards and I wouldn't change it now for anyting in the world but I do miss working!

sadiesmom87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:42 AM

I miss my friends. I was working with two of my best friends in the world and I miss them like crazy. Especially when I hear stories about things they've done together. I feel kinda like I'm missing out. But I wouldn't trade being my daughter everyday for anything.

Dingleberries
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:43 AM

I miss making my own money and dealing with traffic jams and seeing the occassional wreck on my way to or from work.

PookieMama13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM

woooow really??

Quoting Dingleberries:

I miss making my own money and dealing with traffic jams and seeing the occassional wreck on my way to or from work.

Renee21
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM

I miss having the income and making friends with coworkers. I also miss my actual job!

2gud2btrue
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:45 AM

i know that feeling.  i was off work for a few months at the end of last year.  it was nice and i loved the time with the kids, but i did feel a bit disconnected from the rest of the world at times.

but now that i'm back at work...i miss that disconnection like crazy lol

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I miss having conversations with someone over 3 years old!!  I miss breaks and lunches!!  I miss having contact with all the people, I feel more secluded as a SAHM.  Don't get me wrong it has it's rewards and I wouldn't change it now for anyting in the world but I do miss working!

kiralyn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:56 AM

i miss making money defenintly. and i miss the friendships i made working..with customers and coworkers. the "gossip" and having lunch with other people.

now...i feel like im completely de-socialized LOL. i will stick with gossiping about dora and kailan and having lunch with my babe.

angieluvsolivia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM

I can totally relate!  Couldn't tell you much about prime time tv but I have Clifford, Cailou, and Sid the Science kid on speed dial!!

Quoting kiralyn:

i miss making money defenintly. and i miss the friendships i made working..with customers and coworkers. the "gossip" and having lunch with other people.

now...i feel like im completely de-socialized LOL. i will stick with gossiping about dora and kailan and having lunch with my babe.

I'm the kind of mommy that does what works. Sometimes, I have to try different things to find that out but, eventually we get there. Overall, I want for my children to be happy, healthy, well behaved, well rounded individuals that can think and do for themselves. My kids are my greatest achievments!!
wife.and.mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:32 AM

i miss traveling (when i was working), i miss the money, i miss NYC (i live 25 min away from there now)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)