Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car washing

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you wash your car?

Options:

Weekly

Monthly

Never

Other, do tell

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Ok, so I finally have a car worthy of being washed. 09 Jeep Liberty. I've only driven clunkers and older cars before now so I just let the rain wash them, I just didn't care. I have a 98 Dodge Stratus and a 93 Dodge Ram that get no love.

ANYWAY, I wanted to know how often y'all wash your cars during Spring when the pollen is going crazy, like now. Is there any point in washing my car right now? It's black...well green with pollen right now and I've only had it for about a week.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Whenever I look at it and think "I should get a car wash".

earthmommy2007
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

t1ckled_p1nk
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Do you wash it yourself or do you take it to get it washed? I think I'm just going to hose it down before it gets REALLY dirty.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I go to the car wash. If you hose it down you'll still need to wash it. Water won't clean the car.

Quoting t1ckled_p1nk:

Do you wash it yourself or do you take it to get it washed? I think I'm just going to hose it down before it gets REALLY dirty.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

oboe_chik
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:04 AM

LOL thats about me too. We live on a dirt road so usually the only time I wash my van is when I can't open and close the back hatch without getting dirty.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

CookieQueen67
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I live in VT. In the spring and summer I wash my car by hand with the help of my daycare children. They love it! We do that probably once a month. My dh washes his at least weekly if not more often and he goes to a carwash.

t1ckled_p1nk
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I just figured it would work since I have a nozzle for higher pressure. I'm hard headed tho, I'm going to try it. If it doesn't work I'll use a sponge and soap. Call me frugal. I'd rather just do it myself then spend $10 at a car wash.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I go to the car wash. If you hose it down you'll still need to wash it. Water won't clean the car.

Quoting t1ckled_p1nk:

Quoting imthatgirl728:

burch731
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I rarely ever wash my van ~ I should wash it more often but I never think about it until I am out & dressed nice or something so I always just say that I will do it later but it doesn't happen to often. 

katie1204
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:16 AM

i get free car washes for as long as i own my car...so it gets done more frequently now.

t1ckled_p1nk
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM

how?

Quoting katie1204:

i get free car washes for as long as i own my car...so it gets done more frequently now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)