Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital kills toddler by overdose

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

http://www.ketv.com/news/23020944/detail.html?hpt=T2

Once they named the nurse, I would kill her/him. That is rediculous. Dosage is triple checked....how the hell did this happen? That poor family

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Einstein, Albert

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:04 AM

There would be a major lawsuit if that was my baby

gypsydancer7
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Thats the sad part.....what good would it do? Those parents just looked.....broken. Their little girl will never come back......And Im sure whoever gave the little girl the overdose is beside her/himself...it just doesnt make it right

Quoting gypsy_rose:

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Einstein, Albert

lorililly
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

omg.. from now on i will double check everything that is giving to my kids to make sure they are not giving them too much.. i feel so bad for them..

Cavalrybaby02
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Thats the sad part.....what good would it do? Those parents just looked.....broken. Their little girl will never come back......And Im sure whoever gave the little girl the overdose is beside her/himself...it just doesnt make it right

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I thought the same thing and went back and forth about the hospital that (pretty much) killed my baby.  I was in labor and they tried to stop it, despite the fact that she was in obvious distress and they just watched her heartrate go down to zero.  And then they induced labor so I could deliver my dead child. 

My main reason for wanting to sue was to put more lawsuits on his record and maybe that doctor wouldn't have his license too much longer.

Cheribomb
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM

how tragic!  that is the same med that Dennis Quaids twins were overdosed with also!  OBVIOUSLY there needs to be some changes with the labeling of this product!  i saw something that the 1mg & the 100mg dosage bottles look exactly the same & the other dosages each have different color bottles or something to that effect.  IF they had that new computer system at the hospital that little girl would not have died!  sad!   R.I.P little almariah

fallen018
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Its sad how often this kind of thing happens...wasnt it the same thing that happened to Kevin Costner (sp?) kids when they were smaller? they almost died too because they were given an adult dosage of that medication. My prayers to the parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)