Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POLL: Never Married Single Mothers: Did You Get Paternity Established?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Unwed Mothers: Did You Get Paternity Established?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

If not, why not?  Do you receive child support in some form without having had paternity established?

Nationally, in the U.S., most never married mothers fail to become eligible to receive child support because they do not establish paternity.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 AM

not everyone unmarried isnt with the babys father....you should write "single mothers"

savannahnhi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM

What do you have against single mom?

oboe_chik
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Before DH adopted DD I had a CS order in force for almost 2 years with no payments and I took him back to court to get his paychecks garnished. It wasn't until then he (well really his parents) wanted to request a DNA test. I was fine with that. They paid for the test as well as my travel expenses because I had to drive almost 3 hours to the testing site.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

allurasmamma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM

no, because we chose not to. We know who child she is, she looks just like him...lol. We are also still together.

The only reason cs is not avail. is because the dad requests paternity. But if dad has no problems and knows it is his child he will sign up.

FranksHoney
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Thank you lol. I did not get paternity established because we both know that he is the father. I do not recieve child support because we are still together.

Quoting southernjess3:

not everyone unmarried isnt with the babys father....you should write "single mothers"

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
MzSeXyC
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

same here. only we have a son. :) 

Quoting allurasmamma:

no, because we chose not to. We know who child she is, she looks just like him...lol. We are also still together.

MommaSteph85
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Lol no because he signed saying that he was the father. He knew that he was. But its not like he pays child support anyways. Its kind of hard when he is in prison.

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I think people are confused here. IF his name is on the birth certificate, paternity is established.

I don;t think she was talking DNA testing only.

I wonder why someone who was WITH the Father wouldn't put him on the birth certificate?

FranksHoney
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Well in that case, then yes he is on both of their birth certificates.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I think people are confused here. IF his name is on the birth certificate, paternity is established.

I don;t think she was talking DNA testing only.

I wonder why someone who was WITH the Father wouldn't put him on the birth certificate?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM

bump for later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)